Author Topic: Doing fine  (Read 2371 times)

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Doing fine
« on: August 28, 2010, 02:44:43 AM »
Well, since you asked, Wordslinger. . .    I'm doing just fine with dialysis. Thanks for asking.  Feeling better than I did just before starting it, that's for sure.   :)  I'll be on it 3 times a week for at least 3 hrs for rest of my life. Kidneys finally failed due to birth defect.  I hope to get 15 yrs out of it anyway.  

Loving my Xciting!  Ride almost every day in pure joy.   ;D  Have yet to mess around with tuning the Dr Pulley clutch though I'd really like to.  

Just bought the house I'd been renting and first thing I want to do is construct an additional bedroom at one end.  The room will be used for housing 10 "orphan" cats which I've been keeping in boarding for over a year.  They'll have that room plus another bedroom plus a large fenced yard.  Oh, plus all the spoiling I can give em.   ;)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Doing fine
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 02:48:22 AM »
..hoolander..you are an inspiration to everyone that rides the scoot...

.. i just uttered a prayer for your well being..

:)

..scoot on bro!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 02:54:44 AM »
glad to hear you doing ok out there..... congrats on the house, i know your stoked over that......      :o :o WHOA.....10 cats?....eeeekk!!...... :o  thats alot of cats..we had like 23 at one time, WHEN I WAS A KID(they just kept reproducing)......   as far as the clutch, you may as well,...lol.. i cant even imagine getting to YOUR oem speed.   :D ;) ::)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

art

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 02:55:40 AM »
  That awsome hoolander, just a bit of advise If your cats are anything like mine they hate remodels  ;) I don't think my oldest has forgiven me yet. 7 years and just now getting used to it  ;D She is a freek though!  
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 03:07:41 AM »
I didn't have much choice in the matter, hey.   :D  Nuthin to it -- the doc and nurses take care of everything -- I just sit there and let em stick my arm vein with big NEEDLES.  Ha!  Kinda groggy feelin when I leave but haven't fallen over yet.  Recon I'll know when it's time to downsize or quit riding altogether.  Hopefully not for a long time. 

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 03:43:38 AM »
I made sure to get all my cats "fixed" as soon as possible when they strayed into my life.  Was gonna adopt kittens out but after reading Humane Society's warnings on adopting I decided I'd keep em.  I really was not too aware how many animal abusers there are in this world.  They'll come get cheap or free kittens just to do terrible things to them. 

At the time, I had just had to quit working due to the kidney problems so I had nothing much better to do than become a kitty dad.  Actually, it could have been aranged "upstairs" . . . I wonder. . .

The litter that started it all: from left to right: Rory, Friendly Jr., Zoolander, and Peggy.

Daddy cat: Friendly 

art

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 04:01:30 AM »
 The two on the right (black with white tips) look like the last two brothers we adopted. They were just what I needed when i was layed up. They are probably most responsible for me being back on my feet again  (sorta) ;D   

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 04:15:27 AM »
HEY!

Cats and scooters!

Here's my cat blog.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 10:58:23 AM »
The temperature in this space where they are chillin' (not exactly...) is 50+ C.
Yet, they spend their summer days there catching the tan...
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 07:05:21 PM »
Must be something there, cats and scooters, we got 3 cats 2 scooters.  Had 4, but we just lost the old one.  We spend almost as much a week on cat litter than we do gas for the scooters...  ;D
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 07:18:09 PM »
Must be something there, cats and scooters, we got 3 cats 2 scooters.  Had 4, but we just lost the old one.  We spend almost as much a week on cat litter than we do gas for the scooters...  ;D

I hear ya, there. Little poopin' machines, they are.

I guess I should share this for those who haven't seen it.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 02:51:07 AM »
Word of warning to the unwise.  YOu can like scooters and you can like cats.  But put the two together and you're askin for a clawed up seat.  Don't blame the cat -- it's what they do. 

Jpres, I could look at those all night.  :)

shubonker

• View Profile
    • a motorcycle blog
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 05:04:01 PM »
Hey Hoolander, glad you're doing well.  I love construction projects, good luck with that!  Are you doing it yourself or hiring "contractors"?

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 02:49:10 AM »
Looks like my neighbor, who is a construction framer, and I will do virutally all of it.  The county chief bldg inspector lives right across road from me and has given some advice too. 

Adding to my double wide mobile home.  Full width room at one end. 

I've done just a little construction myself but wouldn't attempt it without lot of good advice and experienced help.  Searched online and found advice there too -- such as not to try to get the floor level to match exactly the existing home floor.   Had worried how we were gonna get that just right, but thinking about it, it'd be fine if there were a few inches  of up or down step going into new room.

Thought I'd rent a trencher to dig the outlines of the footer -- then dig rest out by hand.  Then lay one or two courses of concrete block on the footer -- placing lag bolts in concrete in the blocks every 6 or 8 feet.  Then bolt down a pressure treated 2 by 10 on top of the block.  Inner piers will be just prefab concrete pads with those pyramids with slots. 

The neighbor and his friend can floor it and frame it up from there.   

This is the design I have in my head anyway.  ;D

art

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 03:09:53 AM »
  Sounds good hoolender, Im a carpenter by trade (or used to be) Those days are over. But a good plan and some help are necessary.  If you get a chance Watch (Money pit) It's just a worm up for the real deal  :D Remember the quote "2 weeks"  ;D  :D  ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()