Author Topic: Kymco Agility 16+ Upgrades - How's my to do list? Any tips?  (Read 1809 times)

adrian.bda

• View Profile
Kymco Agility 16+ Upgrades - How's my to do list? Any tips?
« on: November 27, 2018, 09:49:22 PM »
Hi all!

My Kymco Agility 16+ can currently go about 55km/h at absolute max. Generally i'm cruising at 50km/h after waiting 300 years for it to accelerate, especially if it's after a hill  ::)
I've made a list of things that people have said would help my issues, and will post them all here. If you have any tips or concerns please let me know :)

Upgrade Options
CDI: https://www.monsterscooterparts.com/no-rev-dc-cdi-kymco-agility-50.html (although i seem to remember reading somewhere the 16+ doesnt have a CDI?)
Roller Weight (5.5g): https://www.monsterscooterparts.com/16x13-prima-roller-weights-kymco-50cc-scooters.html
Torque Spring at 1000 rpm: https://www.scootertuning.ca/en/variators-torque-spring/910026-torque-spring-naraku-1000rpm.html
Main Jet 87: https://www.monsterscooterparts.com/majetfor504q.html#description

For a bit of an idea of the climate, i live in Bermuda - so high humidity and high temperatures for most of the year. Right now it's in the low 70s and 60-75% humidity!

Thanks in advance!
Adrian

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco Agility 16+ Upgrades - How's my to do list? Any tips?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 10:36:35 PM »
I know zip about 50cc scooters - but have read many places that you want to do ONE modification at a time.....then test ride several miles.
Have also read many times that a 50 scooter was now slower after a modification.

If your scooter is slower or weaker after a mod you'll know what caused it if you do one mod at a time.
But, you probably already know that.
Good luck
Stig.

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

adrian.bda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 10:45:23 PM »
but have read many places that you want to do ONE modification at a time.....then test ride several miles.

Thanks for the tip, i'll make sure to do that!

(for anyone else reading this, which upgrade should i get first)

dan v.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 11:23:08 PM »
I'm racking my brain trying to think of the model a guy in our scoot club had.  Not a sento, but another 50cc 4T.
That thing was seriously slow.  Every week he would show up at out ride night, with another mod to make it faster, but it never seemed to get any improvement. 

CDI, Variator, Springs, rollers, clutch, exhaust - anything he bought and installed were really a waste of money.

But I am pretty sure he never increased the displacement.  Nowdays, one can get a decent "big bore" kit, better head, and cam.  I think those things are what you need to concentrate on.

As the saying goes - there is no replacement for displacement.  Especially true for the scooter crowd!
05 Super 9, 06 Best & Win, and a fleet of other scoots.....
Grand Rapids, MI

adrian.bda

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 11:35:48 PM »
I'm racking my brain trying to think of the model a guy in our scoot club had.  Not a sento, but another 50cc 4T.
That thing was seriously slow.  Every week he would show up at out ride night, with another mod to make it faster, but it never seemed to get any improvement. 

CDI, Variator, Springs, rollers, clutch, exhaust - anything he bought and installed were really a waste of money.

But I am pretty sure he never increased the displacement.  Nowdays, one can get a decent "big bore" kit, better head, and cam.  I think those things are what you need to concentrate on.

Hi mate!

Yup, it is slow alright. I hadn't really realised until i was riding with some friends today and they all overtook me pretty quickly - even a bloody Vespa.

I've heard a kit might be the way to go after some more research, but apparently the Big Bore kits doesnt play well with the stock carburetor on the Agility. Another issue is that i'm not actually able to put a kit on my bike since i'm only 16 - 50cc is the limit  :-[ so i might have to try the other options.

(can anyone confirm that the Agility 16+ has a CDI?)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 11:54:00 PM by adrian.bda »

dan v.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 12:47:21 AM »
Unsure of how the EU models differ from the US models - but I gotta think that there has to be a cdi.  Maybe they have a ECU like our cars have - and that box is the brains of everything?

I've been screwing around with scooters for going on 20 years.  I can't tell you how many young guys have posted about mods to make their scoots faster on the web over the years - and there have been many pipe dreams!  It can cost a sh**-ton of money, and if you don't have the time, MONEY, or the skillz.....be ready for disappointment and headaches.

Bright side - VERY SOON you will be able to get the upgraded license.  Then - a 125 will give you everything you want. 

Sooo.. it is up to you.  Spend the money and time, maybe have fun and some small gains.  Or live with what you have, and gain riding skills, and graduate up to a larger displacement  in a year or two.  :)
05 Super 9, 06 Best & Win, and a fleet of other scoots.....
Grand Rapids, MI

adrian.bda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 01:39:50 AM »
Sooo.. it is up to you.  Spend the money and time, maybe have fun and some small gains.  Or live with what you have, and gain riding skills, and graduate up to a larger displacement  in a year or two.  :)

Maybe i'll just wait ;) I'm not all that experienced with a lot of this crap, so there's no point in screwing around with it. By the time i'm 18 i'll probably be somewhere else anyway, so i can get something much better there :)

Thanks for the help!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 02:26:10 AM »
Maybe i'll just wait ;) I'm not all that experienced with a lot of this crap, so there's no point in screwing around with it. By the time i'm 18 i'll probably be somewhere else anyway, so i can get something much better there :)

Thanks for the help!
Woah man!
Great call!!
You'll not regret waiting .
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()