Author Topic: Problems  (Read 3192 times)

jacobml9

• View Profile
Re: Problems
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 08:01:31 PM »
Wow, didn't expect to get this much information. The dealer is 3 hours away but I am bringing it home anyway because I will be home for 6 weeks. I was just looking for a few suggestions on something to tell the guys at the dealership. I didn't want to dive deep into the engine due to potentially voiding my warranty and also because I do not have a strong mechanical background.  Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2018, 08:39:23 PM »
Hey, Jake! We live for this! Keep us posted on what happens, what the dealer says and does and progress(if any) the dealer makes. He has until warm weather to fix this!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

jacobml9

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2019, 06:31:11 AM »
Just an update:

I dropped it off at the shop and they said it could be a couple of things:
-Clogged fuel pump/fuel line
-Vacuum leak
-Something clogged
-Bad gas

Now I doubt it is bad gas because and I think he just said that because my Kymco warranty doesn't cover that. I will be calling this weekend to get a progress report and will post more information once I have it.

jacobml9

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 05:59:22 PM »
Final update: We replaced the carb and it is running much better.

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2019, 07:03:55 PM »
Thanks for the update.

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2019, 07:25:11 PM »
Final update: We replaced the carb and it is running much better.

Wow. you mean after only 1050 km the carb had to be replaced ? Do you know what was wrong with the original carb ?
Please keep us posted about your experience with the new carb.

Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2019, 11:40:33 PM »
Dealer threw parts at the problem...
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

jacobml9

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2019, 09:18:34 PM »
So after riding it for a few weeks with the new carb, it isn't running ideally. It is running better than the previous carb so I am pleased with that. But now I am wondering if I need to jet the carb for a higher altitude. I am about 1700 ft above sea level from where I purchased the scooter.

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2019, 10:02:32 PM »
So after riding it for a few weeks with the new carb, it isn't running ideally. It is running better than the previous carb so I am pleased with that. But now I am wondering if I need to jet the carb for a higher altitude. I am about 1700 ft above sea level from where I purchased the scooter.
I believe that Agility carburetors are CVK style which seem to adapt well to altitude changes without jet modifications.  Where do you live?

jacobml9

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2019, 10:11:38 PM »
I believe that Agility carburetors are CVK style which seem to adapt well to altitude changes without jet modifications.  Where do you live?

I am located in Blacksburg, VA. I am a college student and it just isn't running at full capacity like I want it to. I turn it on every mornin and let it warm up but after a few minutes they engine just cuts out and I have difficulty getting it started again.

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2019, 11:29:16 PM »
I am located in Blacksburg, VA. I am a college student and it just isn't running at full capacity like I want it to. I turn it on every mornin and let it warm up but after a few minutes they engine just cuts out and I have difficulty getting it started again.
When it's cold out and you start the scooter it should idle pretty fast until it warms up.  When it's warm, the idle should slow down to normal.  At least that's what most carbureted scooters with properly functioning bystarters do.  Correct me if I'm wrong on this, anyone.   

jacobml9

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2019, 11:34:23 PM »
When it's cold out and you start the scooter it should idle pretty fast until it warms up.  When it's warm, the idle should slow down to normal.  At least that's what most carbureted scooters with properly functioning bystarters do.  Correct me if I'm wrong on this, anyone.

Okay that sounds about right but after a while mine will just turn off.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2019, 01:25:49 AM »
Once the bystarter finishes then the idle jet circuit should take over. Probably the idle needle needs adjusting, something the dealer tech should have done with a replacement carb. No matter, you can do it. Let us know if you want to try.
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2019, 03:04:41 AM »
Once the bystarter finishes then the idle jet circuit should take over. Probably the idle needle needs adjusting, something the dealer tech should have done with a replacement carb. No matter, you can do it. Let us know if you want to try.
I would agree.  This is the most logical next step.  It's pretty much just a matter of locating the adjustment screw and turning it incrementally one direction or the other. 

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2019, 03:08:27 AM »
On the other hand, the adjustment screw might not have the traditional slotted head for a flat blade screwdriver.   Some of these things have the D-shaped head and require a special socket (and these are not all the same size), so it CAN get more complicated than you'd imagine.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()