Author Topic: My Kymco 125 Agility AKA "Movie".  (Read 663 times)

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
My Kymco 125 Agility AKA "Movie".
« on: December 20, 2018, 07:54:22 AM »
Okay I'm still new but maybe "not so new".   I already did some posts since I bought the scoot just more than a month ago.

My Agilty is a 2009 model, and I bought it with about 8500 Km on the clock. Since I bought the scooter, I already covered more than 1000km in one month - so I covered more kms in one month than the previous owner covered in one year.
What a pleasure, I simply love the scoot !

The picture wouldn't be completed without mentioning that I've been a keen biker, and owner of several motorcycles during my lifetime. It all started with an old  Vespa scooter which I received as a gift from my late grandfather when I was about 14 years old.
 My "motorcycle life" ended about two months ago, when I had to sell my bike (Honda NC700) due to back and leg problems.
I enjoyed the Honda to bits, but unfortunately old age started creeping in and I kept on injuring my back and legs by swinging the leg over the saddle. So I had to sell.

But after sitting at home for about a month without handlebars, life became too miserable and I started thinking back about the old Vespa almost 50 years ago. I remembered the good times and fun with the old scooter, and the more my mind was drifting back to the good old days, the more I realized that life is not over yet . I just had to buy a scooter !

In short - I bought the 125cc Kymco.  My old biker mates might laugh at me, but who cares.
 According to the stickers and dealer where I bought the scooter from, the scooter is an "Agility".  But the Logbook says it's a "Movie".
 Whatever model the scooter actually  is, it really doesn't bother me -  I do enjoy the little thing to bits and I've got my life back again.

To complete the picture - my nearby granddaughter also became a real "biker chick" , and used to join motorcycle rides when I still owned the Honda.  She really enjoyed going on rides , and eventually asked me to commute her to pre-school and back every day.    So how could I say "no" ?

When the Honda was sold, my granddaughter didn't really understand and it also affected her life....

In short - I bought the scooter and both my granddaughter and myself got our lives back.  Both of us love the scooter to bits, and my granddaughter's mates at pre-school even treat her as a hero when we arrive at pre-school !

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:59:19 AM by scooterfan »
Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: My Kymco 125 Agility AKA "Movie".
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 01:26:32 PM »
Curios - will you be adding a top case for her back there?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

scooterfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 02:12:07 PM »

Curious - will you be adding a top case for her back there?
Stig

Yes, I already bought a 25 Liter top case. It's a bit small, but I didn't want to go too big.
I started building a bracket to mount the case, but due to a lack of time it will only be ready during next week.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 03:52:38 PM by Stig »

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 03:11:12 PM »
She is a doll! Good for you! Lots of us coots are doing scoots in the twilight years. Hey, joke 'em if they can't take a...well, you know!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 06:15:57 PM »
That's awesome.  Welcome to the world of scooters.  Many of us here also own or owned motorcycles.  Many people buy scooters reasons like yours and then realize that scooter are way more fun than they expected.

Congrats!  Be sure to post some more pictures!
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

scooterfan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 05:27:11 PM »
That's awesome.  Welcome to the world of scooters.  Many of us here also own or owned motorcycles.  Many people buy scooters reasons like yours and then realize that scooter are way more fun than they expected.

Congrats!  Be sure to post some more pictures!

Thanks ! Sorry, I completely missed your post and discovered it just now.

Yes, I really enjoy the little scooter and by the end of this month I should have covered about 2000km on the scooter already. My back and leg problems seem to be something of the past and the scooter suits me perfectly. It is obviously quite small but for the time being I do not need anything bigger and it keeps me smiling.

The bracket for my top box is almost ready and I hope to post more photos soon. My granddaughter told me to hurry up with the bracket so I will not be able to drag feet for much longer.
Regards.

Gnzbrg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 10:43:12 AM »

Couldn't agree more.  Been riding for 50 years, lots of different bikes and many many miles.  My "big" bike is such a handful now that it's only used for the rare long distance ride.  But my scooter gets out almost every day.  Funny, I started off with a Honda 150 Dream, gradually worked my way up to a Vulcan 1500, and now spend all my time on a 163cc Like.  So my "retirement scooter" is actually bigger than my " teen rebel bike"
 and every bit as much fun.
2018 Like 200i
2011 Ruckus
2007 KLR 650
2000 Vulcan 1500Fi
  😎👍

scooterfan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 07:01:16 PM »

Couldn't agree more.  Been riding for 50 years, lots of different bikes and many many miles.  My "big" bike is such a handful now that it's only used for the rare long distance ride.  But my scooter gets out almost every day.  Funny, I started off with a Honda 150 Dream, gradually worked my way up to a Vulcan 1500, and now spend all my time on a 163cc Like.  So my "retirement scooter" is actually bigger than my " teen rebel bike"
 and every bit as much fun.

My son in Iowa just bought himself a 2013 Honda NC700 with only 2088 miles on the clock. Funny, when I decided to buy a Vulcan VN900 during 2013, my son actually told me about the Honda NC700's and after a test ride I decided rather to buy the Honda.
About a week ago my son told me he was interested in buying a NC700 and I actually tried to convince him rather to buy a scooter. Since I bought my Agilty I realized what fun scooters really are, and I thought while scooters offer better leg protection during cold or rainy conditions, my son should be able to ride for a slightly longer period on a scooter during the year.
Our local climate and weather conditions are very different from conditions in Iowa, so I don't really know whether people in the US normally use scooters for a longer period during the year - compared to motorcycles.

Anyway, my son didn't listen and bought the Honda. He always asked questions about my Honda and I guess he got carried away by my positive talk about my ex- NC700.  I'm sure he will enjoy the Honda, but I still think a scooter would be more practical and maybe he would be able to ride for a longer period during "off-summer" conditions.
I'm just a bit concerned about the low mileage on his 6 year old Honda. One never knows what care has been taken during cold winters the past six years.

Long story - but I ended up enjoying a small scooter and hopefully my son made the right choice.

scooterfan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 04:01:09 PM »
Done.
Top box mounting bracket completed, and top box mounted. I used aluminium angle to make the mounting bracket. The mounting plate has been lifted to make sure my granddaughter's back will be supported if she wants to lean backwards.

scooterfan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 05:24:50 PM »
My granddaughter asked for a ride today.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 04:26:40 PM »
Awwww!

Not you, her! Har, har!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()