Author Topic: "Give Forward"  (Read 293 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
"Give Forward"
« on: December 24, 2018, 02:08:39 AM »
Amusing incident when we were in our coffee village the other evening....having a coffee in Dinos and enjoying the Xmas lights with the locals.

The village has an over-the-road banner encouraging folks to "Give Forward".

As we were standing in line at the local grocers I overheard the fellow in front of us tell the cashier that he seemed to have misplaced his wallet. I stepped forward and explained that I would pay for his items.
The cashier smiled and accepted my $ as I remarked that I was just doing as the banner suggested.

A few minutes later, across the street, my wife laughed and told me that the same fellow had just popped out of another store carrying a big bottle of wine!

No scooters around....

Stig

Lost track of how many 'timed' photos were spoiled by these UPS guys!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 02:32:53 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: "Give Forward"
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 02:54:45 AM »
Pay it forward and got conned! Stings but HE is the one with the ultimate problem.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Forbes1964

• View Profile
Re: "Give Forward"
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 10:59:43 AM »
Pay it forward and got conned! Stings but HE is the one with the ultimate problem.
So true. I believe we are blessed based on the fact that we helped based on pure motives. The con man will have to give account to the creator for HIS misdeeds. My mom says that she’d rather be the person taken advantage of than the person taking advantage of someone else because the person taking advantage of her is the evil person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()