Author Topic: Transporting the Agility 50  (Read 7256 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Transporting the Agility 50
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 10:23:30 PM »
..rianna's never ridden much i think...and certainly not an s9..or a guilty ..lol..

..think she should get it home..somehow..then get some ride-time in a more comfortable environment....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2010, 08:59:07 PM »
That's the truth. I just don't want to have it ruined before I get it home no matter which one I get. And that road is sure to have plenty of sharp curves and hills (in the mountain range here) along the way. I've driven heavy construction equipment, taxicabs, and I drove a tractor trailer cross country for almost a year. I've never driven a motorcycle or scooter, though, and it's probably totally different riding on two wheels than on four. There are a couple of parking lots and open back roads here to zip around on and get the feel of things. I'd rather not ride it home that distance the first time being on it! I have considered it, though! LOL

I forgot all about it being a holiday weekend.  :'( Boy, if I had a dollar for every one that told me, "Maybe next week, if it's still there?" I could buy a used pick-up and bring it home already.

Oh, and also for everyone that said, "Just go a few miles down the highway and buy a brand new one for $600 or $700 instead of going all the way to the dealership." Grrr, I can't make them understand why I would rather have a Kymco than one of those "cute" new ones they are talking about, so I gave up trying and just said that I've researched and really want this particular one.

Anyway, I'm still sitting at home (pouting) instead of scooting and trying to be patient. The man with the S9 said he may be able to bring it this weekend, if not then one day this coming week. I noticed the info about the recall on the 2004's and asked him about the engine numbers. It looks like it had the engine that was recalled. He said he is going to check with the dealer it came from (same dealer where the A50 is sitting, small world, lol) to see if had already been repaired or replaced. It may have been fixed already since he wasn't aware of it when he bought it in 2006, if not it will make me question buying from that particular dealer. I guess if it hasn't, maybe my local Kymco dealer can put the new engine to replace the recalled one? I dunno. A Super 9 with a new engine sounds interesting. If I lived in a bigger city, I would be riding already for sure.

Hope everyone's having a great holiday weekend!

sticlistul

• Sex, Scoot and Rock 'n' Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2010, 09:00:59 PM »
Indeed before you riding a scoot you need few hours to get use with it on near streets or smthing like that ...otherwise its pretty scary ,I did that mistake when I runned first time with my scoot and I hited a safety wall from a turn cuz of a truck who horned when he passed me and I didn't know to well how to react at brake at stearing ...in one word I didnt know my scoot...so its verry important .I was lucky cuz the plastics from this agility are well made and faced the parapets ...just few minor scratch bouth on me and scoot

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2010, 09:17:05 PM »
I didn't realise you hadn't ridden before, deffinately get some quiet practice before going out on the road. Once you get going you will love it.
So, are there any forum members in the area who can pick up a scoot????? Not a hard job.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 03:18:14 PM »
Indeed before you riding a scoot you need few hours to get use with it on near streets or smthing like that ...otherwise its pretty scary ,I did that mistake when I runned first time with my scoot and I hited a safety wall from a turn cuz of a truck who horned when he passed me and I didn't know to well how to react at brake at stearing ...in one word I didnt know my scoot...so its verry important .I was lucky cuz the plastics from this agility are well made and faced the parapets ...just few minor scratch bouth on me and scoot
Ouch! So glad you and your scoot are okay! Yeah, that was my fear. Gotta learn how it handles and what it does before a long drive so I don't overreact when something unexpected happens on the road because those unexpected things always happen.

Thanks, sid. I'm so happy. I'll be scootin' in no time, now.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 09:30:35 PM »
Keep us posted.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2010, 04:24:26 AM »
Will do. Not much to post so far. A fella up the street got a peace scooter not too long ago. So I walked up there and knocked on his door and asked him about where he found a helmet at around here. He came outside and talked to me for a good while, giving me tips and telling me about registering it at the police station and all. He let me borrow his helmet for a few minutes so I did at least get to ride it about a block down the street and back up the street.  ;D

Before that my neighbor's son a few doors away was pulling up to visit his mother and he saw me trying to push that big thing up the hill and through the yards and really soft ground to get it to the road. He rolled his window down and yelled down to me, "Did you get a scoot?" So I yelled back up and said, "Yeah, that means you're gonna teach me how to ride it now, right?" He laughed and parked his car then came over and got it to the road for me. lol. He said it seemed a little heavier than his. I think his is a chinese scooter, too.

I live waaaaay down in the bottom and I have to go through two neighbor's yards to get it to the road because the only other way is  up two flights up steps. lol. There's a small rock wall between my place and the next yard and I had to make a little ramp to get it over there. (Yes I tried to go around it, but the ground is soft and slanted on a hill where that little wall ends so I lost my footing and fell. I managed to keep the scooter from falling all the way down to the ground, though. I just got a little dirty and my heart raced a little faster. Whew!)

So then he tried to convince me to take it up the hill to the college because everybody on the street knows that parking lot will be the best place get my bearings and get a feel for things. When college is out for a break kids will ride their bikes there. I used to with my son. But I just kept looking up that loooong steep hill, sid, and shaking my head. We have three roads out of here to the road the college is on and they are ALL hills. We decided which was the smallest one. He offered to ride it up for me if I drove his car, but I said UH-UH, no way, because I know you will get it up there and take off to make me learn how to get it back down the steep hill myself. Then everybody will see Rianna sleeping on the sidewalk by the college tonight.  :D

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2010, 07:10:49 AM »
It's a shame you have to go through that to get to the road, but, when you get used to it you will just ride through there. Good luck with finding a helmet and all the best with your practice.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2010, 04:05:56 PM »
It is a shame, but once I do it...Look Out! First time I succeed they will probably hear me whoopin' and hollerin' all the way down in the bottom and across the creek on the other side of the hollow. hahaha

We gots a small hill down here. Yesterday I practiced just coasting down it and hitting the brakes to get an idea what would happen coming down a larger hill. Seems the front brakes jerk much more than the back ones do. Both of them together seemed less jerky. I'm not sure, but I think the front ones seem to slow it down faster. May need both coming down that grade.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2010, 10:00:46 PM »
  you should try to use both breaks = The front has more power being its a disk but the rear acts kinda like a rutter practice useing botth all the time, just go a little lighter on the front it can send you right over  :o
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2010, 02:58:49 AM »
..you can also adjust the reaction of the rear drum brake...

..i can slide my rear tire at 30 mph, if i have to...i did have to once before..

:-\

..the front disc brake will slow you down quickly..but you should have a firm grip on the rear brake before jamming the front..

..y' want to squeeze the front brake lever with a lighter touch...and always be aware of the road condition your front tire is on when jamming the front brake...don't want it to skid...like on wet or oily pavement..beware of wet painted lines and such..they're slick!!!

:o

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2010, 04:30:16 AM »
Ah, THAT'S the difference! I forgot about the rear being drum. I was still thinking about that super 9 with the disc brakes on both front and back. Makes sense now. I was expecting too much outta that poor little drum. Thanks for the tips. I will practice more tomorrow with hitting the rear brake first and holding it when I use the front one.

Sliding the rear tire at 30mph! Yikes!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2010, 04:47:44 AM »
..i went back and took pics of the black-mark..lol..

:o

..the service manual explains how to adjust the rear brake...

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2010, 05:29:20 AM »
oh, so you're a daredevil and you got the pics to prove it. uh-huh. lol

Thanks, wordslinger. I'll check the manual out tomorrow. Gettin' too tired now.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2010, 05:30:26 AM »
Gettin' too tired now.

..yup..me too...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()