Author Topic: Bars!!  (Read 764 times)

Hardly Davidson

• Yippee Kyyay...
    • View Profile
Bars!!
« on: September 01, 2010, 04:01:22 PM »
Ok so I've now been riding my Zing back and to to work for a few weeks and have only come across one problem (apart from the ridiculous unavailability of a workshop manual!!) As this is a custom bike, the handling is a pain in the ... well you know the rest. The handlebars are those big ape-hanger jobbies that you see on a lot of customs and whilst they look very pretty on a show bike, they are not very practical in everyday use.

So, I'm wondering should I go for the 'drag' look and slap on a pair of straights or even some with a bit of a rise but not one of over 12" (ooerr!) Your thoughts fellow Kymco riders would be greatly appreciated! ???

Ta muchly (erm thanks a lot!)

Hardly

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Re: Bars!!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 03:06:06 AM »
Hey Hardly.  Sorry no one replied sooner.  I've been just a BIT busy with lots o things.  But as to your question:  My opinion is that the stock bars or something near them will almost always be the most comfortable for all around riding.  Too much height difference is most always gonna cause fatigue and bad handling. 

Guys get the big idea that adding high handlbars to their bike is gonna make it into a Chopper!  But IMHO just makes it into a joke. 

If you're taller than average, try to find some risers that'll give you maybe a quarter to half inch higher than stock.  Should be enough to relieve stress on your back n shoulders.   

The low drag bars -- same deal.  You'll tire of the position real quick.   

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 03:06:45 AM »
By the way -- loved your top ten list !!! ;D

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 03:54:43 AM »
I thought this was a thread about drinking and riding (in which case I was going to recommend doing as I say, and not as I sometimes do).

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()