Author Topic: Wow. Ordered a new seat for my Like 150i  (Read 658 times)

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
Wow. Ordered a new seat for my Like 150i
« on: January 26, 2019, 11:24:30 PM »
Was at my dealer today, as they have a once a year cabin fever sale (since it’s usually freezing cold right now, with today being no exception at 1 degree).  Anyways, he was like go check out the Noodoe.  So sat on it played with it a bit.  Kind off cool but both of us agreed not worth the extra $600 (from what I paid for my 2018). Asked me if I was still liking my Like 150i.  Told him I love everything but the red seat.  He says why don’t you just order a new one in grey and I was like, huh never even crossed my mind.  Told them to look it up.  Long story short, just ordered a new grey seat, came to a grand total of $62.57 with tax no discounts.  Dealer was shocked at how low that was as was I.  Excited for my new seat.  And to think I almost spend $150 having the cheeky seats lady make me a cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 Kymco Like 150i

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Wow. Ordered a new seat for my Like 150i
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 01:01:56 AM »
Sounds like you had fun! Noodoe costs $600? Not for me!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 03:06:36 PM »

Yeah.  Noodoe, while interesting, and I am glad Kymco is moving forward with technology....I think they are obviously targeting the millennials and their need to always be connected to their phone.  While I will say it seems to be well put together and higher quality.  Screen looked amazing and it operated seemlessly. Was bright enough one wouldn’t have to worry about it being washed out in sunlight. So if it was something I felt that I needed, I wouldn’t feel ripped off paying the $600 premium,  I scoot to get away from it all and I don’t need a screen in my face telling me I have a new email, text or call coming in.  I wouldn’t mind the smaller gauges on the side with digital speed. I hope it boosts sales for Kymco so we can benefit from new models. 
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 06:32:44 PM »
Was at my dealer today, as they have a once a year cabin fever sale (since it’s usually freezing cold right now, with today being no exception at 1 degree).  Anyways, he was like go check out the Noodoe.  So sat on it played with it a bit.  Kind off cool but both of us agreed not worth the extra $600 (from what I paid for my 2018). Asked me if I was still liking my Like 150i.  Told him I love everything but the red seat.  He says why don’t you just order a new one in grey and I was like, huh never even crossed my mind.  Told them to look it up.  Long story short, just ordered a new grey seat, came to a grand total of $62.57 with tax no discounts.  Dealer was shocked at how low that was as was I.  Excited for my new seat.  And to think I almost spend $150 having the cheeky seats lady make me a cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
$150 for a new "cover" from cheekyseats??
Geez, I like their covers but I could get a scooter seat re-covered locally - and not just a new bit of vinyl stretched over my existing seat cover.

Or, were they rebuilding your seat for $150 - not just a cover to stretch over your current seat?

Good price for the Kymco seat!
Put some Michelins on the noodoe model to help justify the higher price. Bulk order would cost Kymco maybe $50 per scoot. If so, would toss that scoot up into the near/primo scooters!
 (Japan/Italy)
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 07:47:59 PM »
$150 for a new "cover" from cheekyseats??
Geez, I like their covers but I could get a scooter seat re-covered locally - and not just a new bit of vinyl stretched over my existing seat cover.

Or, were they rebuilding your seat for $150 - not just a cover to stretch over your current seat?

Good price for the Kymco seat!
Put some Michelins on the noodoe model to help justify the higher price. Bulk order would cost Kymco maybe $50 per scoot. If so, would toss that scoot up into the near/primo scooters!
 (Japan/Italy)
Stig

Oh whoops forgot to say why it was around $150 for the cheeky seat cover.  I would’ve had to shipped my seat to her as she doesn’t have a 150i seat to work with at the moment for fitting. So that was added to the cost.  ($150 was on the higher end of my calculations.). Normally I think her covers hover around $90-$120 depending on materials. 
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 07:53:41 PM »
Oh whoops forgot to say why it was around $150 for the cheeky seat cover.  I would’ve had to shipped my seat to her as she doesn’t have a 150i seat to work with at the moment for fitting. So that was added to the cost.  ($150 was on the higher end of my calculations.). Normally I think her covers hover around $90-$120 depending on materials. Yeah I was asking him why the price went up and if it was because of tariffs.  He wasn’t completely sure because he says one model is and one model isn’t and it doesn’t make much sense to him.  Yeah would love some Michelin’s.  Still a great scooter, but yeah it’s priced with the liberty now (at least the noodoe model anyways). Finally had a chance to sit on a new Liberty and confirms my decision for getting the Like 150i.  I didn’t feel I had as much leg room on the Liberty.  Granted I was just sitting on it on the show floor. 
2018 Kymco Like 150i

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 08:47:36 PM »
I used one of these “Sit & Fly” 3D mesh seat covers on my previous bike. It helps to make the seat a bit softer and prevents sweating on the seat. Dirt cheap and definitely worth to buy:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Breathable-Summer-Cool-3D-Mesh-Motorcycle-Moped-Motorbike-Scooter-Seat-Covers-Cushion-Anti-Slip-Waterproof/32713026193.html

Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 05:01:06 AM »

The non Noodoe model price went up by $200 for 2019 models and the Noodoe by $500 so it's really only $300 more.  There are still 2018 models on the showroom floor often being discounted.  I have no interest in the Noodoe so i'm glad I got a 2018 model. 
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()