Author Topic: How cold are you & Day 1 w/Burgman  (Read 299 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
How cold are you & Day 1 w/Burgman
« on: January 30, 2019, 04:20:42 PM »
 SW Ohio. 10:45AM
Sunny and -7°F with a 24 mph wind = -33°F

So, how do you spell reminiscing ?

Took this snap, "Burgman Day One", after it was delivered couple of summers ago (trailered 93 miles to me)

Completed the paperwork on the kitchen table with the driver. Whole deal was an internet purchase - with an "internet price" Left-over 2014 , price was $4999. Most of that was paid from the proceeds of selling the Forza 300.
Couldn't believe how heavy it was - almost 500lbs!
 Fired it up with the driver and then called the dealer because the ABS light was on.

"Goes out after you start moving."

Yeah. OK.

First ride out on it...

I tried, but that stock screen battered my head with turbulence so bad that I quickly replaced it with a French-made short sport ERMAX. GREAT head lights - both lit on low & high beam.....and 100mm of movement possible on the butt stop.
Color choices were, all black or this half black.
Stig
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 06:56:10 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
Re: How cold are you & Day 1 w/Burgman
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 03:50:34 AM »
SW Ohio. 10:45AM
Sunny and -7°F with a 24 mph wind = -33°F

So, how do you spell reminiscing ?

Took this snap, "Burgman Day One", after it was delivered couple of summers ago (trailered 93 miles to me)

Completed the paperwork on the kitchen table with the driver. Whole deal was an internet purchase - with an "internet price" Left-over 2014 , price was $4999. Most of that was paid from the proceeds of selling the Forza 300.
Couldn't believe how heavy it was - almost 500lbs!
 Fired it up with the driver and then called the dealer because the ABS light was on.

"Goes out after you start moving."

Yeah. OK.

First ride out on it...

I tried, but that stock screen battered my head with turbulence so bad that I quickly replaced it with a French-made short sport ERMAX. GREAT head lights - both lit on low & high beam.....and 100mm of movement possible on the butt stop.
Color choices were, all black or this half black.
Stig

This was on my way to work this morning.  Never can remember it being this cold.  Did the boiling cup of water trick. Tossed it into the air immediately vaporized to snow dust.  Kind of cool, but wasn’t happy about going to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 Kymco Like 150i

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
Re: How cold are you & Day 1 w/Burgman
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 05:18:51 AM »
My son installed a weather station at his home in Bondurant IA some time ago. Yesterday he sent me some pictures of windchill temperature readings during the previous night.
Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()