Author Topic: About the warranty  (Read 7226 times)

Rianna

• View Profile
Re: About the warranty
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 12:52:11 AM »
and also I can see that there is not enough distance between the disk and the brake pads. When I turn the wheel with my hand I can hear the pads grinding on the disk.
There it is! Do your brakes actually "squeak" Emil? Mine DO NOT squeak. I do have this GRINDING noise though, and after my brakes were adjusted for more distance between the disk and the pads they actually seem to have adjusted themselves right back to that very tight position after about 7 miles. If yours are not making that squealing type of sound, I believe this problem should be covered under warranty, whatever it turns out to be. This does not sound like "Brake Squeal" to me. Squeaking or squealing brakes is a very distinctive type of noise, once you hear it you are not likely to forget it.

Is this a WHEEL problem or a BRAKE problem?

Do your brakes make noise when you use them? Mine do not - in fact all the grinding noise stops when I use the brakes.

It could probably make problems for the brakes, and other things, if not fixed, though.

Brake squeal may not be covered by warranty, but other issues causing this grinding noise, wheel wobble, etc. may be covered.

>>Still pondering wheel bearings, steering bearings, etc.  :-\

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 01:05:04 AM »
Rianna, the brake pads do lightly brush tgpe disc, if you had the caliper expanded to pull the pads away from the disc, the first time you used them there would have been more travel in the lever to push the pads back to the correct position. If that stopped the noise then replace the pads and you should be fine.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 01:12:20 AM »
NO, sid, it did not stop the noise. But, honestly, there is NO noise when I use the brakes. It's when it's rolling, not stopping. Grinding and bouncing/wobbling. :-\

Thanks, though. :)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 01:16:31 AM »
Bouncing and wobbling, I would be looking at wheel bearings.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 01:22:23 AM »
Thanks, sid. That's what I'm thinking about, too. I can't figure out where to get them local yet. I'm still looking, may have to order them online and pay for shipping. Don't want to, though.

What we were talking about before, though. There is no space at all between the pads and the disc. You could not even slide a piece of paper between them. You could after the adjustment, before I rode the 7 miles, though. I don't know why.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 01:29:07 AM »
Yes, that is normal, just as long as there is no excessive drag on the scoot. It can still be pushed easily? For your own peace of mind, go to a bike shop and have a look at some new ones, if possible, speak to someone who works on bikes and see if they can go over some of these things with  you with a bike on hand.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 01:41:54 AM »
When I push it (the scoot, not the brake) you can hear the noise as well

That is a good idea, sid. If I lived closer to one, I probably would do just that. Now I know why people buy 2 scoots, or keep their first one for a backup when they upgrade. Ha! I'll probably just end up taking it apart and inspecting things, one at a time. (Then kick and scream when I can't figure out how to put it all back, lol.) From what I've been reading though, it does sound like it could be bearings.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 01:48:44 AM by Rianna »

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 02:03:12 AM »
Is there no bike shop in your area? my suzuki boulevard has a more metalic sound from the front brake than the others, but I put that down to pad composition, although, they are due for replacement.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2010, 02:29:02 AM »
Yes, there is one here, I just don't have a car, lol.

I still keep thinking, though, sid, that if my brakes were the problem I would hear noise when I pressed the brake lever, but I don't. You still think it could be just the pads?

Folks can hear that dreadful grinding noise from several car lengths away, when I'm coming up the road. They know when I'm coming their direction.

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2010, 02:49:45 AM »
It sounds to me like your calipers are malfunctioning , sticking or not returning to the proper position when disengaged . Just a thought . Good luck .

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2010, 02:52:14 AM »
Thanks, juice.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2010, 02:56:03 AM »
But this scoot has less than 1,000 kms.?

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2010, 02:56:54 AM »
It has 681 kilometers, sid.  :(

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2010, 03:16:19 AM »
]

What can I say - maybe something like use the warranty as toilet paper?
Well, for sure don't think the warranty will cover anything because it will all be blamed on "improper usage".

-Emil
that about it too use the warranty for ass whip.

[/quote]

juice

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2010, 03:30:15 AM »
Unfortunatly the front wheel and brake assembly is often a dealer installation often performed by teenagers or poorly paid and inexperienced underlings . Scooters are not a high profit or high priority job in a lot of dealerships . At least with Kymco once the kinks are worked out they are very reliable and dependible , in my limited experience anyway .

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()