Author Topic: Yager GT 200i  (Read 6623 times)

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
Re: Yager GT 200i
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 04:30:33 PM »
Sounds like you're living the good life. If only the scooter could haul the RV instead of the other way around.
Regardless -- ride safe and have fun.

-Wolf

Dibber

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 01:44:20 AM »
I have read a review or two on the Yager, but how is the scooter doing for the actual owners.  What is the top speed, how does it handle, and comfortable on longer rides?
I'm looking at getting either a 200 or 250cc scooter for my next scooter.
Thanks,
Dibber

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 02:33:35 AM »
Dibbler,

The GT 200i name is actually misleading and meaningless. The scooter is actually 175cc, but that still makes it highway legal. I just broke mine in, but was told to keep it under 65 for that time (I hit a high of 63 actually with room for more on the tachometer). I've heard the top speed is anywhere from 70 to 75 mph. The longest I've ridden was about 3-4 hours running errands all around Philadelphia. It's comfortable to ride. Later, after getting off i felt a little dehydrated (it was 95 degrees F that day), but I felt like I could ride all day. The weight gets a little to get used to but it's smooth and easy to ride once it gets going. Just make sure you're on good level ground when using the center stand. 308 pounds is a lot to balance.

-Wolf

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 02:07:00 AM »
Just picked up my scooter from being serviced after my 300 mile break-in period. In my rush to get to the dealership and back I forgot to ask a few questions --

After breaking it in for 300 miles is it considered really broken in?

Should I wait a while - after a 1000 miles -- before taking her up to speeds above 65?

Should I also wait before planing any long road trips?

-Wiolf

art

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 02:30:18 AM »
  You have the two schools. Ride it like ya stold it or take it a little easy till 800 mi. After the first oil change I let it rip if something isn't right from the factory it will show so warranty should cover no problems. Of course i like to do the first oil change about one hour after recieving the bike  ;D  But wait til over the 600mi mark to go to a full synthetic.
 For me the first oil change is the mark and i like to do it as soon as posible just incase there were any metel shavings left in the motor from the factory. The modern bikes are not as bad as some of the older ones,but i still follow the same rules ,change early and change often and ride the hell of of it while under warranty.  :o  Some may not agree but never had  a problem doing many this way. (I am an old dirt bike guy) Hell they didn't have warranty's on half and try to break in a dirt bike gently  ;)
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

CapnJ

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 10:58:47 AM »
I've got a little over 800 miles on my 200i, had the service done at 550. I did a one tank mileage check at 200 miles and got 70 MPG, I'm working on a longer check now, hoping to get higher. Maybe if I drove slower, nah, not happening. Any future service will be done at home. Now I just have to come up with a service manual. I've seen manuals for the Dink online, other than the EFI I think they are the same.
2 wheels is 2 wheels, But China Ain't Taiwan.

Yager E

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 01:51:05 AM »
Kimmy.....just seems to fit.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 11:00:26 AM by Yager E »
Elliot

2010 Yager GT 200i
Proud member of the Patriot Guard Riders
Support our Troops!

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 01:03:21 PM »
My Yager is all black, so it has more of a masculine quality. Many of my friends kept saying that it looks like Darth Vader's scooter. So I kept trying to think of what he would call his own ship. Finally my wife said 'Just call it Vader.'

I think it fits.

-Wolf

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2010, 03:16:16 AM »
..yager vader...cooool...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Yager E

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 11:18:21 AM »
Thanks to a link post by Administrator skadamo I found this info on Kymco Global. The New Dink is identical to our Yagers, except come with a kick starter and electric start. I couldn't find the HP rating before, but now I know its 11.2 from the Specifications section of this listing.

http://www.kymco.com/showroom/showroom_main.asp?MotorCTID={A999F225-5C18-47B5-91F5-9258554A56F4}

This may help getting parts etc if you live in a Kymco challenged part of the country as I do.

Elliot

2010 Yager GT 200i
Proud member of the Patriot Guard Riders
Support our Troops!

Yager200i

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 04:34:18 PM »
There are two schools of thought on breaking in an engine.
There are those who say to baby the engine until the first 1000 miles, to be sure you don't break something.
And there are those who say there is a specific technique you can use that will ensure the engine is properly broken in, but without abusing it in its infancy.

I subscribe to the second train of thought, as it makes sense. It goes something like this:
Limit idling periods to under 2 minutes at a time, except for initial warm-up.

Don't go to WOT for long stretches until you hit the 1000 mile mark. Keep it to a maximum of 50% throttle for long stretches until you hit 300 miles, and 75% throttle until you hit 1000 miles. But DO go to WOT when taking off from a dead stop, until you hit cruising speed.

When decelerating, snap the throttle closed, don't 'throttle down' to a stop.

When you're taking off from a stop, hit the throttle hard up to cruising speed. The added pressure in the cylinder will force the piston rings out against the cylinder wall, ensuring they wear to a flat surface that has greater sealing capability, longer life, and less oil usage. If you 'baby' the engine, your rings won't seat properly, they'll have a more rounded profile, which will wear them out faster, have more blow-by, and cause more oil usage.

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2011, 02:32:38 AM »
Best riding day this year -- high of 60! Yesterday went on an impulse ride to South Street in Philadelphia! Still need an oil change, and hope to do it this weekend! Spring weather can't come fast enough.

-Wolfe

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2011, 04:24:03 PM »
My Yager now has over 4000 miles on it and is running great! Still have not received a battery box cover the dealer forgot to put back after set-up but other than that the machine is great and reliable. Thanks to Yager200i, I have the parts and wiring diagram on my trusty laptop for future reference. Using Castrol synthetic in the engine and synthetic in the gearbox. Using Hiflofiltro HF562 filter. Gas milage is about 70-75 on winter gas and 80-85 on summer gas. I can only RAVE about how well our friends in Kaoshiung have done! Additionally, how well all you guys on this forum are doing making cycling a really fun community.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

CapnJ

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2011, 12:24:06 AM »
I started riding a day or two a week a couple of weeks ago. I just rolled over 1500 miles. Changed the oil and filter, went to Synthetic. I may run that for 3 or 4,000 miles, hey the scoot has a real oil filter. By 2k I'll change out the differential oil with Synthetic. I find the scoot just about perfect for city use. I can jump on I95 and do 65 as long as I want. On the smaller streets it handles like a dream. I just adjusted the accelerator cable under the glove box, simple to do and well worth the effort.

Ride It Like You Stole It!
2 wheels is 2 wheels, But China Ain't Taiwan.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()