Author Topic: .. 5-0 stopped me on th' way to work..  (Read 9487 times)

Rianna

• View Profile
Re: .. 5-0 stopped me on th' way to work..
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2010, 12:48:48 AM »
You know, 20 seconds is really fast. Even if you saw them, by the time you ran to the truck they would be flying away.

I have never seen a bike rack here anywhere except the main big library. And they don't want 'em on the sidewalks. I reckon I just have to shop in stores with big front windows or something.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 12:52:56 AM »
..there's a lot of scooters around here..kinda "small city"...

..we all park in the diagonal lined spaces in the front of the rows...

...safety in numbers kinda feeling...

:)

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2010, 02:38:51 AM »
Were the scoots blocking something?

The beauty of having a scoot is being able to park it anywhere.  I park on the sidewalk and chain up to a pole or bike rack all the time. 
no we wear just on the side of the road with are fishing stuff  the dump part is when they ask you what are you doing da da fishing poles da what do you think we are doing.

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2010, 02:55:11 AM »
Yeah - that right up there with the "do you know why I pulled you over" line or when customs asks you if you have anything illegal on you.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2010, 03:02:48 AM »
they didnot like when they ask how fast do they go I sad it depends on whos asking then I said 35 lol.

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2010, 03:09:46 AM »
In my state the correct answer is 30.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2010, 03:09:59 AM »
...what get's me the most, is he was trying to bust me on..what he must have known..was my way to work....

..6am....dang...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2010, 03:12:42 AM »
ya its 30 here also butt they give or take 5 over.

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2010, 03:16:34 AM »
my way to work

Yeah, that was not cool.  

At least he shouldn't bother you again now that he knows it's a 50cc.

chace420

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2010, 08:08:57 AM »
thanks wordslinger. Yea you should've seen it I kept flippin donuts on um, riding threw shoppin centers it was a lot of fun then out of left field this pot hole comes up and pop there goes my tire. then after that it wasn't so fun I got screwed with some big fines and my scoot got impounded for 9 months, when I got it back every thing was frozen. But im back riding, now though im on a really short leash with the local PD I get pulled all the time to make sure every thing on my scoot is legal.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2010, 01:21:56 PM »
They told me to come down to the police station anytime between 9am and 4:30pm, but yesterday when I got there right after 9 the lady inside said I was gonna have to come back after 2pm because she was the only one there and she couldn't come outside to "inspect" the scoot. I had it right it front, walk out the door and walk up like 5 or 6 steps, but I said okay because I figure she is gonna have to take the time to write down the long vin# and double check it on the paperwork while her phone was ringing off the hook and all. Couldn't drive it back home and come back later. I could see me gettin' a ticket in front of the police station and feeling stupid. lol.

She never did write down or check the actual vin. She told me I waited all day, silly as it was, because she had to come outside with her yard stick and measure that the seat was more than 24 inches from the ground. Imagine getting a ticket or impounded for your seat being too low. Sheesh.

She was disappointed that she couldn't find the cc's on the paperwork, though. She said it's gotta be less than 50cc here or she would have to send me to get the motorcycle endorsement and come back. Then she winked at me and said it's okay and wrote 49cc on the registration. I guess that's where that decimal 49 point something or other comes in handy. Go figure. lol.

I know you was glad to get your scoot back, chace! Man, scooter impoundment, that's rough!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2010, 09:40:01 PM »
ya its 30 here also butt they give or take 5 over.

..-35mph in nc...

..but i've passed city, county and even state troopers running 50+ indicated...

..had them go around me running in 45mph traffic...

..but i've been riding these same roads for nearly three years...they all know how i roll...

..except for that one guy.....

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2010, 09:47:08 PM »
Yep, he's always there.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Yager E

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2010, 11:38:57 PM »
I'm probably older than most of you guys (Rianna included) and I used to get stopped by the cops for riding my '63 Vespa (in 1965) in photo, after dark, when I was 15 and working as a busboy. Back then, Miami was a boring place for the cops, so Miami-Dade (then Metro-Dade) PD used to stop scooters to see if we were 16 (allowed to ride at night on a restricted license) and if we had our inspection stickers, which we had to keep in our wallets, not on the bike. The cop that stopped me after dark at 9 PM felt sorry for me since I was covered in smelly food and after I showed him my inspection sticker, he told me to ride safe and off I went.

I don't know if he was just being nice, or was getting sick to his stomach! But I was never stopped on that road again.  
Elliot

2010 Yager GT 200i
Proud member of the Patriot Guard Riders
Support our Troops!

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2010, 11:51:12 PM »
That's a great story!

It reinforces my theory that if you're not driving crazy and just trying to get to/from work to earn an honest living PD will generally be cool about it. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()