Author Topic: .. 5-0 stopped me on th' way to work..  (Read 9494 times)

Rianna

• View Profile
Re: .. 5-0 stopped me on th' way to work..
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2010, 12:54:38 AM »
I love that story! And what an awesome first scooter, Yager E!! It would be fun to photoshop a pic of the scooter you have now into a copy of that photo and then blow it up a bit to show how far you've come. :)

That man probably thought, "This poor kid's got it rough enough already. Gotta ride his scooter home in the dark all smelling like food."  :D

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2010, 12:56:30 AM »
...cooool..if stinky!!...lol..

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2010, 01:00:10 AM »
Speaking of po-po, I'm interviewing some Metro Nashville P.D. officers who patrol town on Big Ruckus scoots this week or next.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2010, 01:06:26 AM »
I'm interviewing some Metro Nashville P.D.

..dang JP!!..advocAte for us scooters!!!

;D

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2010, 01:10:04 AM »
That should be an interesting interview. There should be a lot of fun things you could ask them.

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2010, 04:09:14 AM »
We'll have it all up on ScootNashville.com later in the month, video an' all. The MNPD's Public Affairs office has been very helpful in getting this set up.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2010, 02:17:31 AM »
...i hadda Randolph County sherriff pass around me while i  was travelling 56 mph indicated, this morning...

..it was on a long down-hill run and he drafted me up the next rise....

Yager E

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2010, 02:36:49 AM »
I guess I'll come out of the closet...sort of... I attached a photo of me taken 10 years ago, just before I retired. Most of my cop friends ride motorcycles, and we always gave bikers a break when we could as long as they didn't give us a hard time first. Yup, motorists give the cops a much harder time than vice versa. I did that job for 28 years and the bad cops were few and far between that I worked with in the Tampa Bay Area.

I've been given a couple of cheap tickets when I was a teenager, went to court, pled my case and was found not guilty on both. But on the other hand, when I was 18 on my '66 Honda 160, I was stopped at a red light and a Metro-Dade motor officer was stopped in the oncoming lane. For some reason, I thought my light turned green (it didn't) and I took off. When I got stopped near my home, the officer was laughing his butt off. He said "don't you realize you ran the red light right in front of me?" I said no but that I saw him across the intersection. I happened to be coming home from my phone company job, splicing cable underground....no food this time, but still dirty from 12 hours in a manhole!

He said I seemed like a nice kid (lots of yes sirs, no sirs), but that he had to write me a ticket for something. So he told me to walk across the street with no crosswalk (quiet street), and wrote me a $5 ticket for jaywalking... I had many good experiences with cops when I was kid and returned the favor many times when dealing with nice people. .  
Elliot

2010 Yager GT 200i
Proud member of the Patriot Guard Riders
Support our Troops!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2010, 02:43:39 AM »
....yaaay for yager!!!..

..we LOVE our FIVE-O!

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2010, 02:47:57 AM »
I love that story, too! A $5 jaywalking ticket!! That's one to remember, for sure.  :D

Thanks for sharing another great photo and story, YagerE!

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2010, 02:49:52 AM »
I just have to ask. Has any of your fellow officers ever stopped you on your scoot?

Yager E

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2010, 01:03:47 PM »
Never stopped on my Kimmy, (only had her a short time). but did get stopped on my Gold Wing once on I-75 in central Fla. It was June, hot as fire, and the traffic was backed up for miles. I was about 50 yards past the exit on the opposite side. I cut across the median strip (very carefully), and a car followed.  A Fla. HP Trooper saw it and pulled me and the car over.

When I took off my helmet the trooper said "I know you!" Turns out when he was a rookie trooper in Tampa, I helped him work lots of traffic crashes.  He said he didn't blame me for getting off the interstate, but had to stop me since the car followed and many more would if he didn't. He didn't give the car a ticket either.....lots of good fair cops out there.

Elliot

2010 Yager GT 200i
Proud member of the Patriot Guard Riders
Support our Troops!

tomheet

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2010, 11:23:39 PM »
Yager E, with due respect, this incident did not prove there are lots of fair cops out there. It only proves the "good ole boy network." Plain and simple, you probably got out of it cause he knew you. Would be interesting to know if he spoke to you, or the other motorist first. If he spoke to you first, he may have bestowed his good will to the other motorist. If he spoke to the other guy first, let him off, and THEN recognized you, then I would say he is cool and just wanted to educate motorists, and say it's not ok to do that.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2010, 11:35:19 PM »
I was about 50 yards past the exit on the opposite side. I cut across the median strip

..bold frikin move!!

;D

omfgdotcodotuk

• fookin quick gilera ice 50/70cc malossified ish
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2010, 09:32:13 AM »
Thats what i thought slinger :o
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()