Author Topic: Replaced starter motor and spark plug but can't remember where a wire goes!Help!  (Read 514 times)

caioap

• View Profile
Hello everyone,

I just replaced my the starter motor of my Downtown but can't remember where the fully looking black wire below/attached goes... Any idea?? Please help  :-\

Thanks!!!

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Looks like the switch for the right-hand seat latch. Why would you have to remove THAT for starter replacement?
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

caioap

• View Profile
I have no idea mate. First time doing some mechanic work, might have done that by mistake. Thanks for the tip, I will see if I can find the place where I need to put it back.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
can you see where that wire comes from?,  the harness or from the motor ?  or some thing else ?  it is not clear what the end looks like

caioap

• View Profile
I was able to discover this is the sensor that lights up a lamp in the dashboard if and when the seat is open. Whenever you close the seat, you close the circuit, and the light in the dashboard goes off. The bad news is that I don't know where this should be fixed to  :-\

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
I was able to discover this is the sensor that lights up a lamp in the dashboard if and when the seat is open. Whenever you close the seat, you close the circuit, and the light in the dashboard goes off. The bad news is that I don't know where this should be fixed to  :-\
Right-hand seat latch! Or maybe the left-hand seat latch! Inspect the TWO seat latches that are at the rear of the seat and find the ONE that is missing a switch like the one in your picture!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()