Author Topic: Like 150i forum? Plus front LED running lights  (Read 2121 times)

jdowpe

• View Profile
Like 150i forum? Plus front LED running lights
« on: March 13, 2019, 03:32:12 PM »
I have a new 150i and love it. In reviews I read prior to purchase the running lights were commented on. I noticed mine are never on. Is there a secret or an easy way to connect? I saw. DYI on the 200, but that appears diffent. Thanks in advance.

Can we start a Like 150i forum?

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
Re: Like 150i forum? Plus front LED running lights
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 04:50:21 PM »
If your running lights aren’t working, I would bring it in to the dealer.  Should be covered under warranty.  Mine come on as soon as I turn the key on.  Must be disconnected on yours
2018 Kymco Like 150i

jdowpe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 07:48:50 PM »
Thanks, I know that’s the right answer, just figured if simple could do myself. I’ll deal with it at 600 mile service.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 10:10:56 PM »
If your running lights aren’t working, I would bring it in to the dealer.  Should be covered under warranty.  Mine come on as soon as I turn the key on.  Must be disconnected on yours
Are those lights in the front leg shield LEDs??
Or just clear incandescent bulbs?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 10:13:21 PM »
Are those lights in the front leg shield LEDs??
Or just clear incandescent bulbs?
Stig

Leds
2018 Kymco Like 150i

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 03:02:18 PM »
I´d also like to see a extra subforum-thread for the new 150i Like model. Would be a good idea.

Here 2 pictures of the new 125 model "S" in Europe with a better headlight design:
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 04:18:10 PM »
That S model is a really sharp design although I'm not a fan of flat paint schemes.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 04:42:41 PM »
IDK, new light looks a little small to me (still not going to set speed records on the salt flats, so what's the point?)
And, although I have seen many, many matte paint jobs in Walmart parking lots over the years.....just could never get my head around these "Rattle-Can" home made looking finishes.
Now, sadly, they seem to be all the rage - from Italy to China!

Paid $100 premium for my "S" model Liberty to change to >  , special red color, red stitching seat, silver trimmed black wheels, glossy black Vespa mirrors and matte exhaust cover. I promptly painted the exhaust cover gun-metal, and swapped the black mirrors for chrome Vespa jobs. (got 'em for $19.50 before the tariff jump nearly doubled them)
Other LIKE200i owners have recommended the superb Vespa mirrors for their scooters.

1985 Walmart era Rattle Can American Beauty.....

AND, danged if Piaggio didn't release a matte red Liberty150! VERY glad I found mine before the color change.
I like to polish my vehicles!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 04:44:56 PM »
That S model is a really sharp design although I'm not a fan of flat paint schemes.
I'd be very tempted to stop on the way home at a paint shop and tell 'em to "finish" painting my scooter.....now that Kymco (& Vespa) has primed it!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2019, 01:05:05 AM »
I'd be very tempted to stop on the way home at a paint shop and tell 'em to "finish" painting my scooter.....now that Kymco (& Vespa) has primed it!
Stig

Those Vespa mirrors are the best
2018 Kymco Like 150i

jdowpe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 05:22:02 PM »
Mine a series of LED's. I'm guessing just not disconnected. I had read somewhere these are used overseas but not in US. I will ask the dealer but would simply connect myself if simple access.
Thanks
BTW, how come I don't get a notice that there is a reply or response to like thread? Other forums let me know if someone responds. Thanks again!!!!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2019, 12:04:38 PM »
Mine a series of LED's. I'm guessing just not disconnected. I had read somewhere these are used overseas but not in US. I will ask the dealer but would simply connect myself if simple access.
Thanks
BTW, how come I don't get a notice that there is a reply or response to like thread? Other forums let me know if someone responds. Thanks again!!!!
So the front daytime leg shield running LEDs are not on in this scooter when delivered in the USA?!
Is that correct?, or just not working in your scooter?
(front LED DRL's were a selling point on the Piaggio 150i, worldwide )
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

jdowpe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2019, 12:44:12 PM »
I believe in the USA they are disconnected. My understanding is that they are the turn signals overseas. I just want them as running lights. Some post imply they are/can be used that way in US. There is a DIY post on an older Kike but my is not that simple. Assume I would have to remove at least whole back panel to get access.
Thx

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2019, 06:59:45 PM »
I believe in the USA they are disconnected. My understanding is that they are the turn signals overseas. I just want them as running lights. Some post imply they are/can be used that way in US. There is a DIY post on an older Kike but my is not that simple. Assume I would have to remove at least whole back panel to get access.
Thx
That's a darn shame.
As I said the LED running lights on the Liberty were a selling point for the new body style....

Since the Euro Liberty's did not have added turn signal pods (as found on the US models) these LEDs must have functioned as turn indicators as well.

Well, I tell a lie - although I never found a official Piaggio promo video of the riders using the turn signals - their scoots do have an amber turn signal bulb behind the white LED strip. Using a camera I just discovered my 'dead' amber bulbs in my Liberty.

I bet the USA version LIKE150i must have an unused amber bulb in that front light housing as well.
So, does the Euro second gen. LIKE150i have white LED lights in the leg shield?

Stig

« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 07:26:30 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

jdowpe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2019, 08:28:41 PM »
This is what they look like.....

I can't get the pic to show. I've tried pdf, jpeg, all very small. Just doesn't show it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()