Author Topic: Question about Leg Shield LEDs on the LIKE150i  (Read 654 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Question about Leg Shield LEDs on the LIKE150i
« on: March 21, 2019, 08:54:03 PM »
Are the LED lights on the front of the leg shield on full-time as running lights on your new LIKE 150i?

They are on the European version - are they wired to light on the USA version? Or is that light enclosure dark?

Thanks

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Leg Shield LEDs on the LIKE150i
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 09:17:35 PM »
Tom, here is the answer. @min. 5:29

8)

Edit: Sorry, just realized that you have already found the european solution. Anyway maybe once more is better.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 09:20:02 PM by vespbretta »
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 11:13:43 PM »

8)

Edit: Sorry, just realized that you have already found the european solution. Anyway maybe once more is better.  ;D

8)

No, thank you Robo - that is exactly what I was never able to see in other videos!
So, since Americans have the turn pods on the bars....is there anything that is lighted on the leg shield?
  Maybe an American owner will answer ( my dealer does not connect batteries in floor display scoots, so I can't discover for myself)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 02:31:40 AM »
No, thank you Robo - that is exactly what I was never able to see in other videos!
So, since Americans have the turn pods on the bars....is there anything that is lighted on the leg shield?
  Maybe an American owner will answer ( my dealer does not connect batteries in floor display scoots, so I can't discover for myself)
Stig

They come on as soon as I turn the key on and stay on until I shut it off.  They are super bright and work like fog lights at night, lighting right in front of the wheel.  Love it
2018 Kymco Like 150i

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 09:38:10 AM »
@Snoop...
So, to get a glassclear confirmation on that topic: Does your answer mean that these legshield LEDs are completely enlighted from top to bottom with white LEDs only? And therefore without the potential option of using them also als turning light LEDs (yellow/orange LEDs) like the european models?
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 08:31:22 PM »
@Snoop...
So, to get a glassclear confirmation on that topic: Does your answer mean that these legshield LEDs are completely enlighted from top to bottom with white LEDs only? And therefore without the potential option of using them also als turning light LEDs (yellow/orange LEDs) like the european models?

Yes they light up top to bottom with white leds, I imagine to turn them into turn signals would mean a part swap for the euro lights (they look completely different,
Same shape but different leds and layout)
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 08:36:30 PM »
@Snoop...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 Kymco Like 150i

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2019, 10:08:09 PM »
Nice pic, I could not imagine that those lights would not be running lights since they are on the Like 200i. The LEDs are quite bright! ;)
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()