Author Topic: Windscreen Yes or No?  (Read 795 times)

Swimpacific

• View Profile
Windscreen Yes or No?
« on: March 27, 2019, 05:18:46 PM »
Can anyone post a picture of a Like with a wind screen and comment their opinion on having one?
Also, the only one I can find online is Puig Racing but their website has issues.
Thanks in advance
KYMCO LIKE 200i
KAWASAKI 250

big blue

• View Profile
Re: Windscreen Yes or No?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 08:10:08 PM »
I have the Puig Trafic which keeps the wind off your chest. It is a quality product that stays tight and in place.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 08:13:00 PM by big blue »
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 09:03:13 PM »
is swimpacific out there in warm and sunny California wanting a windscreen?

Why, the LIKE200i Gang here in the Midwest ride all winter with nothing but a big ol' frozen ice-ball of a mustache leading the way!
We eschew any dadgum form of self-preservation from Oct to March!

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Swimpacific

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 10:06:36 PM »
Thanks for the pict, and yes it was a brisk 70 degrees on my ride today.
And I thought the Harley riders were a tough crowd.  ;D
KYMCO LIKE 200i
KAWASAKI 250

KymcoRockr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 12:27:17 AM »
Is there a difference between the new 2018 Like and the ones before it that would make a windscreen for the 2018 not fit the 2017 or older? Malossi has a windscreen for the Like, but it says it fits the 2018 and newer. I don't know if that's because there's a difference or because that's all they tried it on.
Been riding for a very long time.
AK550
Yager 200

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 01:42:23 AM »
Is there a difference between the new 2018 Like and the ones before it that would make a windscreen for the 2018 not fit the 2017 or older? Malossi has a windscreen for the Like, but it says it fits the 2018 and newer. I don't know if that's because there's a difference or because that's all they tried it on.
Depends on which country you're in.
The 2nd generation LIKE was not on dealer floors here until recently - but started selling in Europe and Asia maybe 3 years ago....while we were still getting the 1st gen. LIKEs.
Whatever, all the second gen LIKEs probably can take the same screens.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 08:19:48 AM »
Interesting thread. I must admit - I like the looks of higher screens on scooters and I got very exited when I discovered hidden mounting brackets for screens on my Agility. I always found higher screens on my precious motorcycles very helpful.

But since I got hold of the scooter I only use it for commuting at lower speed, and here's the thing - I really, really enjoy feeling the wind on the scooter. Riding on a small scooter without a high screen in our climate really brought new joy to my daily riding experience.
There might be a solution though - having a smallish scooter without any screen for daily commuting, and at the same time - having a bigger scooter with higher screen for longer trips.
So for the time being - I'm as happy as a small fish in a very big ocean without any screen on the scoot.

Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

KymcoRockr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 02:15:26 PM »
Interesting thread. I must admit - I like the looks of higher screens on scooters and I got very exited when I discovered hidden mounting brackets for screens on my Agility. I always found higher screens on my precious motorcycles very helpful.

But since I got hold of the scooter I only use it for commuting at lower speed, and here's the thing - I really, really enjoy feeling the wind on the scooter. Riding on a small scooter without a high screen in our climate really brought new joy to my daily riding experience.
There might be a solution though - having a smallish scooter without any screen for daily commuting, and at the same time - having a bigger scooter with higher screen for longer trips.
So for the time being - I'm as happy as a small fish in a very big ocean without any screen on the scoot.
One of the things I like about Vespa scooters is that you can install and remove a windshield in about five minutes, so when it's hot, I can put on a fly screen, or remove the screen altogether, and in Winter I use a much larger windshield, which comes right off if we get a warm day.  If you ride in really bad weather, or for a long distance, they eliminate some rider fatigue.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 02:17:06 PM by KymcoRockr »
Been riding for a very long time.
AK550
Yager 200

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()