Author Topic: Original belt and rollers  (Read 1158 times)

mrjlube

• View Profile
Original belt and rollers
« on: March 31, 2019, 06:19:59 PM »
Hi everybody,just wanted to know how many miles these original belt and rollers can go. My scoot is a 2009 with 7,900 miles on her. Im just about to get her out from winters nap. Think ,all i need to do is check tires,change oil and filter and ride the thing...lol What do you all think? Also never did coolant either,but looks clean.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Original belt and rollers
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 07:13:31 PM »
depending on where the scoot was stored you may want to also look closely for any signs of small, 4 legged squatters making a home in your airbox, muffler or other areas.

If you've never changed your coolant..and it's now 10 years old, that is something I'd definitely do. The bike holds what, 1 or 2 quarts of coolant? Coolant is cheap and easy to replace. The Mfr likely recommends replacing at least every couple of years.

Ride safe.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

sissymary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 07:52:50 PM »
Thats a 10 year old belt. I would change belt and rollers, and then again every 20,000 miles or so to be safe. Stick with original parts ONLY. Learn from others who made mistakes using after market please. Yes to new coolant, new spark plug, and battery if you have not done so as of yet. Are tires cracked? Also so ethanol gas treatment would be a good bet also. :-*

BigBlue505

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 12:04:39 PM »
I have a new Kymco belt on the way.  This week I pulled the covers on my new to me 2008 with 13000 miles to see how it looked under there.  My belt is slightly under the service limit of 27.9 mm but still looks in good shape.  I also built a variator tool so I'll be ready when the belt comes.  I'll check the rollers when I get it apart.  I probably should have ordered those too.  I also ordered a left switch and a few routine maintenace parts.  Also found a pdf service manual on line.  My next project will be to replace the windshield with a Givi.  The original one looks like it has toenail fungus.
2008 Kymco Xciting
New Mexico

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()