Author Topic: Finally got my seat from Kymco...3 months later  (Read 418 times)

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
Finally got my seat from Kymco...3 months later
« on: April 17, 2019, 12:28:23 AM »

Finally got my new seat I ordered from Kymco 3 months ago (dealer said they’ve been really bad about parts lately, sending wrong ones and taking forever). Because they did send me a seat 2 months ago, but a red one and not the grey one I ordered.  I know it’s kind of an odd order (I am probably the only one in the country that ordered a seat for a like 150). So it wasn’t like I was waiting on a necessary part to use the scoot.  Kind of nervous if I ever need a critical mechanical component.  (We’ll see how long it takes to get the recall pump part). Anyways not a bad appearance change for $55.  Although now that I have it, not 100 percent sure if I like the grey seat on the white.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
Re: Finally got my seat from Kymco...3 months later
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 12:44:15 AM »
Back a couple years when I ordered some parts for my S from the now defunct Kymco portion of the parts monster folks commented that was pretty much what to expect working with Kymco. 
Maybe if the U.S. market was bigger they'd be more responsive.  It's nice you can get OEM parts, but the wait's a bit annoying.
I suspect that's due to somewhat low volume and the choice is either charge a lot due to small batch shipping or charge very reasonably but you're waiting for a full batch to keep shipping costs down.
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 02:12:30 AM »
Hmmmmm….pretty scooter in that cold, bright white......but I think I like the orig. seat color much better.
This new color combo....? Looks less expensive, if that makes any sense?

I never had an issue with monsterparts. Really hate to see them gone!

The red and the white LIKE150i's are g r e a t colors for the scooter. The best in my opinion.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

john grinsel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 11:08:07 AM »
I think Kymco fine on parts.....but you have to know how to handle dealer's partsman and then make him do his job----I have ordered windshields rubber pads---most people wouldn't replace----had partsman, call Kymco to make sure available---they were and delivered a few days later with another parts order.

Being good partsman is an art

DNW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 09:33:45 PM »
I think the gray seat looks like a luxury scooter. Nice!   :)
Who cares! lol ë¿ë

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 07:03:39 AM »
I think Kymco fine on parts.....but you have to know how to handle dealer's partsman and then make him do his job----I have ordered windshields rubber pads---most people wouldn't replace----had partsman, call Kymco to make sure available---they were and delivered a few days later with another parts order.

Being good partsman is an art

It is. A difficult one. I was a partsman for a couple of years and it's really difficult. I could certainly never have claimed to be great.
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()