Author Topic: Great to have a Grand Vista Board  (Read 4122 times)

David

• Kymco since 2007
    • View Profile
Great to have a Grand Vista Board
« on: December 09, 2007, 04:39:26 PM »
This is such a great bike, high gas mileage, looks good, enough power to satisfy most... and now a forum.  It would be nice to know what kind of changes have been made to make this bike run better or look better.  Mine is mostly stock.  I am using Amsoil oil, gear oil.  Runs like a champ, always starts first time in cold weather.

David
2020 X-Town 300i Owner

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Great to have a Grand Vista Board
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 05:05:41 PM »
This is such a great bike, high gas mileage, looks good, enough power to satisfy most... and now a forum. 

Cool, if anyone has an idea for a forum / category let me know.

Pauliedman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 07:23:58 AM »
I've had mine for just over two years. The most amazing change you can make is to replace the awful OEM tires with Maxxis or other high performance tire. You won't believe your riding the same scoot. After two years the seat has started to soften up - or my butt is getting number. A fast easy no-cost mod is to remove the snorkel hose where it goes into the air box. I feel like my pick up is faster and throttle response quicker. I ordered a Leo Vince pipe and it should be here tomorrow. Don't know when I'll get time to put it on. I will report back then. In the meantime - DO IT!

Pauliedman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 03:21:39 AM »
Hokay. Just had the Leo Vince pipe put on. Only had time for one short ride. Difference is not as dramatic as changing tires, BUT: At idle sounds about the same. Off idle and up instead of that scootery reving sound, now it's a deeper 'growly' sound. Pipe must free up torque because scoot pulls strong from just over idle to about 50 (56 indicated). Didn' have time / space to go faster. I rarely need to. Engine seems to hook up earlier, bite stronger and doesn't sound as labored as before. Totally worth the $$$ in my opinion - especially because I thought I was interested in moving to a larger cc scoot. I saved over 5K!. Only downside(s) to GV 250 = seat is still hard (but softer than when new), legroom - I came from a Helix so maybe I'm spoiled. I'll let this board know how it goes...

bootscootin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 10:36:02 PM »
Have been riding my Xciting 500 all winter in the South and going home to Michigan next week.  Will be riding my Grandvisa which I left there in storage.  It only had 60 miles on it when we came down here for the winter.  Im selling the Xciting 500 as I am 71 years old and it is really just to big for me.  Im a little short in the legs and it is not fun balancing 500 pounds when stopped.  When I rode the Grandvista the first time it seemed a little close for me from the seat to the instruments but after the time with the 500 I feel that I can overlook that and am really looking forward to riding it this summer.  Have had a great experience with a dealer in Charlevoix Michigan, Practical Power Sports.  With the gas situation this summer Im looking forward to a lot of scooter time.

danflyfish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 12:57:52 AM »
I agree.  It's great to have a forum.  I purchased my GV early last spring after seriously considering a People 250.   I snapped an Achilles tendon in a fishing accident about two months later and only got 300 miles on it last season.  I'm looking forward to having a much better riding season in '08.

Thirty years ago I was an avid motorcycle rider and just love my GV--smooth, quiet and plenty of power.

michiman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 10:40:16 PM »
I am picking up my 2007 GV this Saturday.  Great deal on it...  3499 plus tax title and set up...  I had a 250 Rebel when I was young...  Over 20 years ago...  So I new the GV would get me around...  As much as I would like a red 2008, I will stick with the blue 2007.  The smaller scoot will also be easier for my wife to learn to ride...  Then I will look for bigger...

michiman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 10:28:22 PM »
Moved it up one day, I will be on the Blue Grand Vista tomorrow evening...

packfan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 04:39:24 PM »
I have had my GV for 1 1/2 years, and I love it. Now that gas prices are sky rocketing I get lots of questions from people, even while sitting at a stop light. I ride either on the highway doing 60 mph, or on the back roads in the twisty's. We are very blessed in Kentucky to have great back roads to ride. I only have two minor complaints, 1. my speedometer is off about 8 mph. I proved this by following my wifes brand new car around and when she was doing 60 I was doing 68. 2. The windshield, it does little to nothing to shield the wind. Has anyone found a replacement windshield that is better. I am so happy to have found this forum, I live in Lexington KY, and so far scooters are a rare thing. If there are any other Kentuckians that would like to ride let me know.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()