Author Topic: Somebody is Smiling :) :) :)  (Read 5611 times)

Rianna

• View Profile
Somebody is Smiling :) :) :)
« on: September 08, 2010, 03:57:03 AM »
My living room is minus a recliner chair and plus a big blue machine tonight!  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: Somebody is Smiling :) :) :)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 04:37:39 AM »
Excellent, you are gonna love scootin'.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 05:15:08 AM »
Thanks, sid! I can't stop grinning. I haven't even ridden it yet. It was already dark and kind of late. It was a long day just getting it and getting it here. I need to carry my tired butt to bed. It's terrible, though, I feel like a little kid. I gotta keep lookin' at it. Checking out this  and that and reading all the part numbers and the stickers. LOL. My neighbors probably think I'm paranoid or silly bringing it indoors. I just had to stare at it some more. It's got 552 miles on it and looks nice. It's bigger than I thought it would be. I had only seen pictures on the internet before. They told me it's already de-restricted. We got down there just as they were closing so there wasn't much time for questions. Maybe tomorrow I'll take a look and try to see what's what.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 06:15:23 AM »
 Awsome!!! Did ya get the agility? Hope your weather holds,the rains have started here allready  :'(  Oh well gives me time to work on my many projects. Your going to love it!
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 07:54:57 AM »
Thanks, sid! I can't stop grinning. I haven't even ridden it yet. It was already dark and kind of late.

It has lights, both in front and rear.  ;D
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 11:22:16 AM »
Yes, you have a lot of exploring to do. Don't worry too much about people thinkin you are paranoid, how about the girl who keeps her Kawasaki zx6r in the lounge room, she loves her bike. I'm not allowed to. How did you get it home?

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 02:42:33 PM »
Yeah, art, I got the Agility. The Super 9 guy told me he was bringing it to me the next day, then in the morning he had emailed that he had sold it. My son said I never should have asked him if the engine numbers matched the one in the 2004 - 2005 recall because he probably realized that he could get a new engine put in it and then decided to keep it for himself or sell it for more. lol. Live and learn. The newer Agility is probably the better suited one for a first scooter for me anyway. It looks like it might rain here today, too. I plan on trying to get a helmet tomorrow after my dentist appointment. Then I have to take it downtown to the police station to register it and let them put a plate on it. I'm hoping by Friday or the weekend I can get some decent riding time in. I had a bid in for a nice used helmet on the shopgoodwill site for about $22 including the shipping, but somebody outbid me by $2 and I didn't get home before the auction ended. It's tough because I've got about $140 left for the month now and I haven't gotten groceries yet. Maybe I can find someone I can borrow one from for about three weeks. haha

It has lights, both in front and rear.

Lol...If I hadn't been so tired from the trip I was actually thinking the same thing. The college parking lot a few blocks away is plenty lit up and long enough for a little riding and checking things out, but it was packed last night anyway.

Funny thing, my little chihuahua dog is afraid of it and wouldn't sleep in the living room in her favorite spot last night. She has never in 2 years slept in the bed with me because she doesn't care much for the movement of the water bed, but last night, I couldn't get rid of her and she was in the center of the bed trying to take up the whole thing. I would get up and take her to the living room and she would beat me back to the bed before I got there.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 03:11:59 PM »
Yes, you have a lot of exploring to do. Don't worry too much about people thinkin you are paranoid, how about the girl who keeps her Kawasaki zx6r in the lounge room, she loves her bike. I'm not allowed to. How did you get it home?

That's funny! You tell her to move over and make room for ya? I live in a nice area, but I still can't see leaving it outdoors. I've owned a ton of (used) cars. With the exception of the 16 passenger van, I believe I spent more on the bike than I ever did on any car. I don't think it will be out of my sight for awhile. I'll probably be nervous leaving it in a parking lot to go in a store and such.  :D

After a week or so of folks saying they could do it then backing out or changing their minds and knocking on neighbors doors and getting ridiculous quotes for $600 from transport companies, I checked into Ushp and Mapdispatch and such. What a frustrating experience those proved to be. I began emailng every single ad I could find on Craigslist in my area and the Richmond dealership's area and a fella emailed me back yesterday with a phone number. So I called him. Turns out he is one town over and only a few miles away from me. He said if he got his vehicle back from the shop putting a new exhaust on in time he would call me and we could do it that day or today. A couple hours later he called back and said we were set. I was thrilled.

He was great. He came and picked me up. He showed up in this awesome humongous new cargo van with a lift deal on it. I literally had to climb up in. It was nice and he said it was his smaller tires. lol. I can't picture the big ones! Folks stared at it and asked about it when we stopped for diesel. He had all the straps and such that was needed and knew what he was doing. I don't think that bike moved an inch all the way home, not even on the stretch where he decided to take an interstate route part of the way and did 70mph the whole time. All for $100 bucks. He surely deserved more than I could afford to pay him for it. We chatted the whole way about the roads, scenery, landmarks, foods and such in different states and places and he told me some about his time in South America and Hawaii. Other than my nervousness about getting to the dealer right at closing time it was a pleasant and enjoyable experience. He goes all over too, not just here, so if anybody ever has a need shoot me a pm and I'll give you his info how to reach him. I hope to never lose that phone number.  ;D

Thanks all! I'm gonna see if I can scrounge up some tools and make it sure everything is tightened up and all and maybe check out what numbers are on that carb. It's got weird tires on it, never heard of 'em before...Yup, I'm like a little kid with a shiny new toy, gotta check it all out.  ;D

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 03:54:20 PM »
It probably smells bad to doggie.  Engines always give off a slight gas and oil smell no matter how tight they are cause there are vents in them just for that purpose.  Really not a good idea to keep it inside in the living space but I completely understand! 

Congratulations!!   

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 04:11:45 PM »
Thanks, Hoolander! Woohoooo! It's nice to have wheels!

I will likely rearrange and place it in another room away from doggie's space...so we can both get sleep. Maybe on some cardboard in the kitchen or something. As tired as I was last night I was happy just to get it in the door. I always thought my door frame was very wide until last night. And since the tires were relatively clean I didn't think it would hurt the carpeting. I never thought about the smell before. Those little ones do have sensitive ears and noses and all. Thank you.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 06:52:17 PM »
 I relize your on a budget ,but here's a place to look. It is best to try a helmet on before you buy. If you can get to a local goodwill or garage sale you can pick them up pretty chhttp://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/2/48/8/1/0/0/DCLASS/Street-Bike-Open-Face-Helmets-Womens-Riding-Gear.aspx#&&Back=0-3eap.   Good luck 
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 01:09:56 AM »
take some pic and let us see your new furniture.lol

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 03:14:30 AM »
I picked up a Kylin 3/4 face helmet off ebay for twenty bucks new in box.  Has a nice broad sun visor and moveable face shield.  Light as any helmet I've ever worn.  Came from a Texas location quick to Georgia. 

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 04:47:34 AM »
Thank you. That superstore had some nice ones. I think I will check eBay, too. I doubt I can wait three weeks 'til payday rolls around again to buy an expensive one. I guess if I have to wait I will, but damn, ain't it a shame to finally have some wheels and not be able to use them?!! When I was looking for some tools (which always seem to hide when I want them) I found a few cases of this abro grey 999 gasket maker stuff for imported car engines. It was leftover from my flea market days. I think it's like $9 a tube or something. Most folks that bought it would buy a case of 12. So I put them up on Craigslist for 3 bucks each or $25 for a case of 12. I don't really know much about it but maybe one of the folks that restore old cars will decide they could use some. Who knows. Would cover the cost of a half decent helmet if someone wanted all four. I reckon I could sell my Pink Lazy-Boy Recliner for a few bucks. hahaha

LOL @ blue about the pics of my new furniture. I guess I just thought everybody here had already seen one and knew what they looked like. I will try to post a pic or two tomorrow. I'm gonna have to take them outside. I parked it in the kitchen tonight and there's not much room to walk around. I just couldn't get all of it in the picture.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 07:05:10 AM »
Gotta have pics. Remember, no pics, then it didn't happen.;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()