Author Topic: Somebody is Smiling :) :) :)  (Read 6071 times)

axy

• View Profile
Re: Somebody is Smiling :) :) :)
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 07:31:11 AM »
Keep Chris Brown away from your new scoot!  ;D
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 02:19:27 PM »
Chris Brown? You mean the athlete or the singer? I think I missed something. lol

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 03:33:26 PM »
Hey, I just noticed this helmet. Think it's any good? I don't see the DOT approved on the stickers, but I think it is. I wasn't actually looking for white, but they say beggars can't be choosers, right.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?itemID=6698799
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 03:36:09 PM by Rianna »

art

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 06:39:29 PM »
Shoe makes good stuff. Getting something that fits right is important,but anything to start with is better than nothing  :D
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2010, 12:44:54 AM »
Thanks, art! I snagged that one. The fella up the street saw me coming back from the dentist today and gave me one I can use in the meantime. It doesn't have a size in it, but the one I bid on and won says Medium. That should tell me whether to go up or down in size when I go to get a new one. I'm happy as can be now. Been scootin' up and down the street all evenin'.  :D

art

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 02:07:04 AM »
  Woo hoo!!! ya riding wheelies yet  ;D  Ha! Awsome  :o
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 02:45:34 AM »
Great stuff, no looking back now.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 03:26:46 AM »
That's right. Had my first taste of fun, now I'm determined.

Ha! Nah, no wheelies yet. Worked mostly with curves and turns and speed today. Can't go but so fast down here. It's not posted but everyone (but me,  ;D) drives only one way. Lots of blind curves and such. I put on about 7 miles, but just up and down on my one lane street. Will be easier tomorrow in the daytime, when everybody is at work and no traffic. I think I talked to someone from each of the 8 or 9 houses on my street today. It must be an attention getter.

It's taking me some time to get used to it because I feel like I'm too short for it. I'm (almost) 5'4". That's not extremely short, but my feet won't sit flat on the ground. One or the other could if I lean the bike, but not both at the same time. Slightly more than toes touching. I'll never get the benefit from that neat little backrest. lol. I have to sit way up at the front of the seat, so when I stop I will be able to lean the scoot one way or the other a little around my leg to set a foot flat on the ground. I don't know if I explained that right. It's like my knees are almost directly under the handle bars. Not real comfy. I feel like if I had one or two more inches on the bottom of my shoe it would be much more comfortable and easier for me. I wonder if there are shoes or even boots like that, where the whole bottom sole is bigger, not just a heel. There should be some kind of easy solution.

Near one end of our street, there's a nice little house for sale with a small horseshoe type driveway, it's kind of on a hill. (It's all hills down here, lol.) First time I pulled in there and came up the hill and pulled out the other side and turned right into the street without slowing to a stop or putting my foot down I was like, Whoa, did I do that? This is too cool.  ;D

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2010, 05:35:32 AM »
Disco platforms.:) I am 5'9 and on my zx50 I can't put my feet flat, only toes each side. You do get used to it and dont even think about it. You will be amazed in about a month from now, just how far you have come.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2010, 01:52:09 PM »
Chris Brown? You mean the athlete or the singer? I think I missed something. lol

Take a look at the following paragraph of the text "2009: Domestic violence case and Rated R"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rihanna
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2010, 03:56:11 PM »
Ahh...now I see what you mean. No worries, axy, ain't nobody gettin' near my scoot uninvited right now. And if'n they try I might have to break bad and attempt to hurt them. LOL.

I tried googling Disco Platforms in the Shopping section, sid, but only got a bunch of pics with really high heels. I doubt I'd be good with heels. Maybe I'll try google's images later this evening. Yesterday I put my sneaks down in some oil where cars park along the side of the road when I stopped to talk to someone and I regretted it. Was slicker than I don't know what. Kept scraping my shoe on the pavement to try and get it off. lol. May want to look at something with slip resistance like restaurant or construction workers wear as well as a taller sole.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2010, 04:31:47 PM »
Yes, you must be ever mindful where you put your foot down. When parking in car parks, always look and make sure you dont put your wheel in an oil patch. The traction from motorcycle tyres is amazing, but that can be brought undone by some oil.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2010, 04:43:38 PM »
Thanks, sid. That's good to know. Maybe it's a good thing I'm stuck down in the bottom here at first.  :) Best to learn some of these things before I go out on the road.

The only things I remember the fella up the street telling me was not to constantly be looking at the speedometer or gauges in traffic in case you hit a bump then try to over steer or something. And I think he said something about not always trying to look behind to see what everybody else is doing. Like if somebody is gonna pass, just let 'em and keep looking straight ahead. It reminded of learning to drive a car as a youngster, I was told to flip that rear view mirror up and not even worry about it or the people behind me at first.

All tips are appreciated. Ya never know what situation you might find yourself in and I might just remember the right thing at the right time when the unexpected happens.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2010, 06:30:16 PM »
Thanks, sid. That's good to know. Maybe it's a good thing I'm stuck down in the bottom here at first.  :) Best to learn some of these things before I go out on the road.

The only things I remember the fella up the street telling me was not to constantly be looking at the speedometer or gauges in traffic in case you hit a bump then try to over steer or something. And I think he said something about not always trying to look behind to see what everybody else is doing. Like if somebody is gonna pass, just let 'em and keep looking straight ahead. It reminded of learning to drive a car as a youngster, I was told to flip that rear view mirror up and not even worry about it or the people behind me at first.

This is a bad advice.

Very often, you will encounter idiots driving behind you who DO NOT REALIZE you have stopped and you are letting incoming traffic pass so you can turn left.
When turning left I look at the mirror to guess the speed of the vehicle behind me and turn left blinker well in advance.
A few times I realized there is a moron behind who will not stop, so I gave up on the idea of turning left.
Also, if you are driving in crowded urban areas like I do, you will often have cagers trying to do various idiot moves, and sometimes even scoots or bikes trying to overtake you from RIGHT side.

So, I am checking my rear view mirrors all the time.

If you are checking gauges or mirrors, it does not mean you have to completely forget what is going on ahead of you...
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2010, 02:52:13 AM »
...well!...looks like i've missed a helluva lot in th' last few days...

..dang..

...congrats, Rianna!! on your A50!!..it is a good entry level scoot, and yeah, itsa bit tall...taller than a lot of 50cc scoots...(r'member my recent po-po stop)...

..you can adjust the rear shock, and it might sit a bit lower for y'...

..need to be comfortable when coming to a stop..

:)

..and axy just spelled it out...

..true words...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()