Author Topic: Somebody is Smiling :) :) :)  (Read 5628 times)

Rianna

• View Profile
Re: Somebody is Smiling :) :) :)
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2010, 05:19:27 AM »
Thanks, wordslinger! May have to check into adjusting that shock then. As it is now, I pretty much have to come off of the seat when I stop. Add to that the fact that I can't lift the back of the bike using both hands and I'm just too short and too weak for the Agility. I gave up on that center stand altogether, lol. I may actually build up a bit of muscle pushing it up to the road every day, though. I'm not giving up. Just gonna have to find ways to make it work. Other than the comfort factor (or lack of) I'm loving it so far.  :D

And yes, gotta always be vigilant and aware of all of your surroundings on the road. I think he meant well, though.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2010, 05:26:41 AM »
  There is a little trick to that center stand. You kinda want to have it rolling back as you push it down. You should of seen me with my first one :D There's a right way and a wrong way and I sure didn't have the right way   ;D
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2010, 05:27:32 AM »
..the center stand works off leverage...

..put it to the ground, and put your right foot on the pad...(boots feel better on th' bottom of ur feet when doing this)..with right hand grip the rear rack, left hand grip the left handlebar

..put most your weight on the center stand's pad, and lift up and back on the rack, steadying with your left hand...

..it should pop right up onto the stsnd...

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2010, 05:51:08 AM »
lol @ art, that's funny. you prolly just said that to make me feel better. hehehee

Okay, folks, (you can laugh at me now) here's the problem...When I put my left hand on the handle bar and my right hand on the rear rack I am stretched almost completely out and the top of my body is near the seat! LOL. I have no leverage in this position. Also I cannot lift the rear of the scooter even with both hands. I believe I understand how to do it, I just don't belileve it's possible for ME to do it.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2010, 08:09:17 AM »
The leverage is not from you, but the stand, when puting your weight on the stan pad, as you try to lift the scooter the  force of your trying to lift transfers through the stand and rolls the scoot on to the stand.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2010, 03:24:45 PM »
Okay, so I get my weight on that little pad and I got half a chance? I can't lift the rear even a 1/4 inch from the ground with both hands when I'm standing directly behind it, though. When I saw my neighbor's son and the guy at the dealership do it they were both standing near the back of the scoot facing front and just had to bend slightly to reach the front handlebar. It was almost as if I could see the weight transferring in a little half circle. Looked real cool. I'm guessing the guy at the dealer was about 5' 11" or so and the other fella is taller at 6' 2". But when I try to do it, sid, I'm like sideways, facing the side of the bike. (They were near the back facing front.) I am up near the front of the seat. Sounds like that's good for putting all of my weight on the stand, but then I have no body weight or muscle near the rear rack to help me lift, just an outstretched hand. Maybe I need to see if I can find somebody to take a pic of me trying to do it to explain it better. Give y'all a good laugh, lol. I kinda just gave up on it for now. That kickstand is real pretty, though.  :)

If I get up that hill this week, maybe I should ride to a gym and lift some weights, huh?

glopezz05

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2010, 03:37:58 PM »
I keep both hand on the grips...

roll the scoot back a little then hit the pad with my foot

pull back on the bars a little more and its up!
Im usually on a bicycle, so for me, this thing is hauling ass!

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2010, 04:11:49 PM »
I dont think it is about strength, more about getting your weight on the stand, and when you try to lift the rear in a rearward motion, lift against your right foot and the stand. Once you havd done it a few times you will get the idea and it will get easier with practice. You may not need it very often, but it is good to be able to use it when you do need it.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2010, 04:51:14 PM »
7 year old child can put that scoot on a center stand...
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

art

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2010, 06:25:45 PM »
 Ha! See what you started  ;) No I realy did have problems in the beginning. I had just got back on my feet after a seriouse back injery(my reason for getting into scooters) I could barely Walk and had little streangth.
  For me it was realising where the balance point was of the stand and getting most of my weight behind that point. From there you want to roll the bike back as you push down the stand. Momentum and leverage will do the rest. Once you find this point and gain some confidence it will be easy. You might have someone steady the front for you till you figure it out.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2010, 06:30:51 PM »
See, buy a scooter, never a dull moment.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2010, 09:25:00 PM »
..yeah, and that guilty is a bit taller and longer than some 50cc scoots...

..dwarfs the ppl!...

art

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2010, 01:49:27 AM »
 Ha! I hear ya but my first was a vino 125 . Want to talk about unbalanced and heavy in the ass  ::) I hated that thing!!! ;D  But I seen the potential, just not that brand. Now if i could get that seat to fit any kymco. :D It was nice!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2010, 01:52:11 AM »
..wish rianna had happened upon a 2004 ppl...

;)

art

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2010, 01:55:19 AM »
  It's a toss up a 4t might be a better start,but for me the people any day  ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()