Author Topic: Today---Kymco parts and them not answering phone  (Read 1468 times)

john grinsel

• View Profile
Today---Kymco parts and them not answering phone
« on: May 07, 2019, 05:35:49 PM »
This morning, visited my Kymco dealer to pick up small parts, (windshield rubber pads) I had ordered a couple of weeks ago, order had not been filled/shipped.   Parts Manager told me Kymco is hard to reach, even for him---their excuse to him....they are taking inventory.  This has been going on for a month or so.     Sad for me on  new machine, if something breaks under warranty....I expect overnite service to get me back on road.

Hope situation improves.

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
Re: Today---Kymco parts and them not answering phone
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 05:47:06 PM »
It doesn't seem we hear any good news out of the KYMCO office. As someone who just bought a new machine less than two months ago, this does not inspire great confidence...
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 09:37:13 PM »
This morning, visited my Kymco dealer to pick up small parts, (windshield rubber pads) I had ordered a couple of weeks ago, order had not been filled/shipped.   Parts Manager told me Kymco is hard to reach, even for him---their excuse to him....they are taking inventory.  This has been going on for a month or so.     Sad for me on  new machine, if something breaks under warranty....I expect overnite service to get me back on road.

Hope situation improves.
No Kymco dealer in N America ever carried a full line of parts in stock.
Parts are ordered....often in batches. Order filled, shipped.
Always took a few days or a few weeks.
The Big Four Asian brands cost much more, sell much more and are equipped to stock spares accordingly.
Kymco has been a bargain for years.
But now, with interest sliding in all forms and brands of two wheelers in this country....we can only hope that Kymco finds a way to remain a viable alternative to the expensive brands.

Stig

« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 09:39:21 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

john grinsel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 10:35:03 AM »
Based on 10 new maxi scooters since 1990, all but 2 purchased in USA----no dealer stocks scooter parts to any degree!  Some big, old, Honda dealers may have drive belt for SilverWing.    Travels for me, 2014---49 states, Burgman 400 and Suzuki TU 250----this year may end up riding to 48 states.     Good dealers really hard to find if you need them, Kymco has far amount of dealers if you can find them....but I think their interests are ATV.

Scooter West in  CA probably has everything you need for Vespa.

Travel with scooter in US= you are on your own figuring out how to keep going---I try to start long trips with fresh tires, carry tools to make adjustments, tire pump/tire repair kit, scooter in good repair----really, only Harley has enough dealers, and probably some parts/tires in stock for the big twins.

monkeybongos

• Tampa, Fl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 11:11:25 PM »
"with interest sliding in all forms and brands of two wheelers in this country"

That is sad, and a reflection of the lack of foresight and long term thinking in the US.
What, two wheelers are a form of third world transportation, and we are too good for that?
Think we are going to regret it.
2014 BV 350  "IndiGO" (fast, strong and tireless)
2006 Honda Rebel 250  "Snow Leopard" (stealthy, agile and durable)
2018 Lance Cali Classic 200i  "Black Panther" (smooth, nimble, quiet and quick)
2016 Wolf V-50 (sold)

Wanted a Kymco, ended up w a Lance, but that forum is inactive, so I am here

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 12:56:15 AM »
"with interest sliding in all forms and brands of two wheelers in this country"

That is sad, and a reflection of the lack of foresight and long term thinking in the US.
What, two wheelers are a form of third world transportation, and we are too good for that?
Think we are going to regret it.
Old guys don't buy sport bikes - young guys can't afford the insurance for anything new with clip-ons - HD owners are wiping themselves out of the game in single vehicle accidents - young guys don't want to replace them - and all scooter brands are removing models some of us would love to own.
Scooter riders always have been "3rd World Citizens" in the USA. We are "interesting" at best, and just plain weird inhabitants in 95% of this country.
The thing is - if this country was absolutely flooded with scooter riders - that'd be great - then I wouldn't feel like such a traffic target to my countryman in trucks and cars out here in the wilds of rural Ohio!

Too many American drivers to not know how to act around us. That's not going to change.
So, "Scooter ascensores esse semper intenti!!"*

Stig
*early Latin proverb
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

monkeybongos

• Tampa, Fl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 02:01:11 AM »
Happened to catch the opening minutes tonight of The Amazing Race, where there was a scene from Ho Chi Minh City.
Scooters  (and motorcycles) everywhere, cars were in the minority.

BTW, the city looked modern, vibrant and clean, anything but third world.

And Stig, if you think scooterists are treated as third world citizens, try getting around on a bicycle.
After 30 yrs of abuse, animosity and hatred from motorists while cycling, I feel respect and acceptance in comparison when on a scoot.
But then, that may be more a reflection of the road mentality in FL than the nation as a whole.
2014 BV 350  "IndiGO" (fast, strong and tireless)
2006 Honda Rebel 250  "Snow Leopard" (stealthy, agile and durable)
2018 Lance Cali Classic 200i  "Black Panther" (smooth, nimble, quiet and quick)
2016 Wolf V-50 (sold)

Wanted a Kymco, ended up w a Lance, but that forum is inactive, so I am here

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2019, 03:39:49 PM »
back to the original post about hard to get parts...I feel lucky to not have experienced this problem. My local full line motorcycle and scooter dealer will order my Kymco part and it always arrives within a week. I recently ordered a new rubber battery hold down strap (the old one had deteriorated) and it was in within the week.

Parts guys said parts weren't a problem to get for Kymcos. Hope it stays this way.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2019, 04:32:51 PM »
back to the original post about hard to get parts...I feel lucky to not have experienced this problem. My local full line motorcycle and scooter dealer will order my Kymco part and it always arrives within a week. I recently ordered a new rubber battery hold down strap (the old one had deteriorated) and it was in within the week.

Parts guys said parts weren't a problem to get for Kymcos. Hope it stays this way.
Thanks for your post. Encouraging!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

KymcoRockr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2019, 03:23:28 PM »
It will depend on what part you are getting and for what model. Many of the Kymco bikes out there are more than 7 years old, and there's no real need or desire by Kymco to stock parts for them.
Been riding for a very long time.
AK550
Yager 200

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()