Author Topic: CTV Test Video  (Read 2114 times)

Nireen

• View Profile
Re: CTV Test Video
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2019, 08:02:08 AM »
The CVT should move or spin anytime the engine is running. The rear wheel should remain stationary until the clutch engages at about 2500 rpm.

Ah OK got ya.  I have to bring in my Kymco rollers to see if this helps.  Not fixed yet. From what they did check on it everything is working normal but they agree the rpm is a bit to high.
Kat :)

mousejunks

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2019, 11:04:57 AM »
Just watched the video and the variator on the left is stuck for whatever reason. Due to the wrong pulley ratios, this could cause the engine rpm to be too high for any given speed and the clutch pads not to engage properly.

This is what it should look like (with a slightly worn belt):

'09 Kymco Espresso 150i
'11 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS - 79,500km
'17 Kymco Downtown 350i ABS

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2019, 12:08:07 PM »
Just watched the video and the variator on the left is stuck for whatever reason. Due to the wrong pulley ratios, this could cause the engine rpm to be too high for any given speed and the clutch pads not to engage properly.

Yeah mine is definitely not moving like this is!!!  Not sure which video you watched of mine but was it this one? Notice on the second rivving up it moves properly not waiting but moves like yours I noticed.

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2019, 12:09:45 PM »
The CVT should move or spin anytime the engine is running. The rear wheel should remain stationary until the clutch engages at about 2500 rpm.

Maybe cause of vibration and my plantform is not level that the bike moves it a bit.

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2019, 09:33:11 PM »

What is wrong pulley ratio's?  What is the pulley?

mousejunks

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2019, 08:55:24 AM »
The pulley is the wheel that the belt rides on. The front pulley consists of the drive face (outer) and the variator (inner).  The rear pulley consists of the drive faces and clutch assembly etc.

The latest video shows the belt changing ratios fine, I can't see any issue with the variator movement.
'09 Kymco Espresso 150i
'11 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS - 79,500km
'17 Kymco Downtown 350i ABS

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2019, 09:18:02 AM »
The pulley is the wheel that the belt rides on. The front pulley consists of the drive face (outer) and the variator (inner).  The rear pulley consists of the drive faces and clutch assembly etc.

The latest video shows the belt changing ratios fine, I can't see any issue with the variator movement.

OK got it.  What do you think maybe the reason for my rpms to max out doing 100km/h sitting maxed at 8000rpm

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2019, 12:46:57 PM »
Like what both mouse and I said the front pulley is not moving as soon as it should.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2019, 01:11:43 PM »
Like what both mouse and I said the front pulley is not moving as soon as it should.

OK good but mouse saw the wrong video when he replied to that.  Later when he saw other video he said like you it looks OK.  I think I have confused you all with my videos LOL.  I am going to do another one rivving it just like Mouse did in his video.  I tend to riv it at a slow steady paste where as he did it quickly.  I will try also to get good lighting on the bike.  I also just watched other video's of Mouse and to me from what I can see his rpm is up like mine is.  Correct me Mouse if I am wrong!

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2019, 03:46:39 PM »
Just measured my belt with a string and I get 25mm wide and around is 104

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2019, 05:36:21 PM »
The video you did with the simultaneous pictures of the tach and CVT tells me the front pulley is stuck or slow to move.

Belt width is good but the length should be 1003 mm not 1040 mm.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2019, 05:45:51 PM »
The video you did with the simultaneous pictures of the tach and CVT tells me the front pulley is stuck or slow to move.

well me measuring with a string I could have been of a slight bit possible to??

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2019, 05:48:22 PM »

Karl can you have a look at my latest video posted a new title page.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()