Author Topic: AGILITY 50CC PETCOC REPLACEMENT?  (Read 1934 times)

Alan

• View Profile
AGILITY 50CC PETCOC REPLACEMENT?
« on: June 09, 2019, 05:44:30 PM »
so i cleaned put the carb but when I removed the fuel line from.carb.. it was leaking fuel .so how.do I replace the petcok?

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: AGILITY 50CC PETCOC REPLACEMENT?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 09:31:57 PM »
It is a vacuum operated valve. It has three pipes, fuel in, fuel out and vacuum. It will be between the fuel tank and the carb. Not trying to be a wiseguy but you may have to remove the rear bodywork to find it. I would recommend having the replacement in hand before you start.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 11:18:03 PM »
I believe that on the Agility 50 this "vacuum operated valve" threads into the bottom of the fuel tank and is called the AUTO COCK ASSY FUEL .
   https://www.oemmotorparts.com/oem5.asp?M=Kymco&T=AGILITY%2050&Y=_&L=KYMCO_AGILITY%2050&O=Fuel%20%20tank&F=KYMCO_AGILITY%2050_Fuel%20%20tank&L2=KYMCO_AGILITY%2050_Fuel%20%20tank

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 12:10:53 AM »
I believe that on the Agility 50 this "vacuum operated valve" threads into the bottom of the fuel tank and is called the AUTO COCK ASSY FUEL .
   https://www.oemmotorparts.com/oem5.asp?M=Kymco&T=AGILITY%2050&Y=_&L=KYMCO_AGILITY%2050&O=Fuel%20%20tank&F=KYMCO_AGILITY%2050_Fuel%20%20tank&L2=KYMCO_AGILITY%2050_Fuel%20%20tank
Good link and you are right!
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 10:24:11 PM »
Ok thank u also. The mechanic says don't buy a carb grom Amazon or whatever that internally they won't work they look the same outside but it wont work? He says i have to buy his vause it's aftermarket that kymco are specific? Is he lying would a carb from Amazon work?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 12:14:58 AM »
Alan
Please post your question one time. No need for multiple posts of same question.
They'll be removed.
Also, What is your relationship with your scooter mechanic that makes you repeatedly question if he is blowing smoke, lying or misleading you?
Stig
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 12:18:04 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 12:42:25 AM »
He cleaned it out first time and told me.i need a new one but to buy his. Would u please send me a link to a site that will have a carb that will def work please. I'm sorry for multiple.questions. just want a carb that will work thank u

Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 12:45:49 AM »
In reference to the question.. Do u know if the carbs from Amazon are junk? Like do kymco have specific one that will.only work? I'm sorry I'm just desperate.. My whole quality of life is in jeopardy. Thank u for ur help my friend

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 05:38:32 AM »
The carbs I saw on Amazon look fine to me. I don't know how you get the right one but if you can somehow get one that has all the right features, connections, etc. it should work. I would clean the original until it worked.
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 10:04:34 AM »
Im ordering one of monster sxoorer parts.com u guys always reference them here so it must be good right?

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 11:57:24 AM »
I suspect your mechanic told you yours needed replacing just to recommend buying his. Yours would probably work if properly cleaned. This most times is a challenge after sitting too long. You must be very specific when getting a non-OEM carb lest you get one without certain features or with extra features that will have to be compensated. This is a great opportunity to learn some great stuff among which is patience.
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2019, 12:31:25 PM »
The carbs I saw on Amazon look fine to me. I don't know how you get the right one but if you can somehow get one that has all the right features, connections, etc. it should work. I would clean the original until it worked.
I agree.  My Agility carb was a mess.  Even after a good cleaning the float valve leaked.  The idle jet was damaged and would not come out.  And the bystarter did not seem to work.  So I caved and ordered a Chinesium one.  To do this I made sure the spacing for the intake mounting was correct.  The specified carb size needed to be the same.  The diameter on the air filter side needed to be the same.  And I wanted both jets to be the correct size.  Very few vendors give all this information.  After the carb arrived it did not work properly.  The bystarter did not work, one bystarter retaining screw was too tight to remove and there was grit internally in the area of the accelerator pump.  I got a replacement carb, cleaned more grit from the accelerator pump area and installed the carb.  It ran okay but I had to install a larger idle jet from my junk pile to fix an off-idle hesitation.  So, yes, there are Amazon carbs that work.  I have heard of guys ordering clone carbs, bolting them on and they work great.  I was not so lucky.

woyciesjes

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 03:05:40 AM »
I got this 19mm carburetor from Monster Scooter Parts for my ‘14 Agility 50. Dropped right in, no issues. Just adjusted idle screw a little. Easy replacement for the 17mm unit it came with, and the scooter has a touch more pep now too.

https://www.monsterscooterparts.com/19-mm-carburetor-with-electric-choke-for-kymco-agility-50-50cc-scooter.html
2014 Agility 50 4T
Still stock after all these years...
Except for a 19mm carb now.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()