Author Topic: Is the Like150i suffering new model blues?  (Read 295 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Is the Like150i suffering new model blues?
« on: June 15, 2019, 06:32:24 PM »
What say you owners of the new Like 150i ABS scooter?
Are you experiencing design or manufacturing faults sometimes found in a new model run?

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
Re: Is the Like150i suffering new model blues?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 06:31:41 PM »
Oh for sure. Honeymoon phase is over.  My whole leaking fuel pump issue really irked me.  Finally got it fixed yesterday and only because I had to keep hounding.  I actually rode up there to demand they give me the pump and I’ll do it myself.  The mechanic felt so bad for them dropping the ball he squeezed me in on a busy Saturday (they were swamped). I agree with others about the front suspension.  It’s way too soft, I feel every little bump and I find myself braking way more then I want/would need to on corners (and no I am not talking about taking them hard)   Overall I think it’s still a decent scooter, but the half assed support you get from Kymco is enough to turn me off.  If a dummy light pops up, I am sure my dealer doesn’t even have the proper diagnostic cable, so who knows how long it would take to get that, then if I needed a part, another wait to get it and there goes most of the riding season here in Minnesota, I know a few others are having ABS sensor issues.  I was hoping to ride this one into the ground.  Which may happen,  but I am already planning my upgrade. 
2018 Kymco Like 150i

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
Re: Is the Like150i suffering new model blues?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 07:13:14 PM »
I have had mine for just over 6 months.  At around 400 miles the ABS started intermittently malfunctioning.  I took it to the shop and it was there for nearly 2 months waiting for Kymco to give them the tools needed to trouble shoot it.  While it was there they did the fuel pump recall.  My fuel pump never gave me any issues.

Then the motor intermitently would cut out or refuse to start.  I took it to the dealer and they found a loose wire going to the fuel injector. 

Despite these issues the scooter is a blast to ride and I have just under 3,000 miles on it.  Barring further issues I expect to ride around 6,000 miles on it by the time I have owned it a year

Other people have also had issues with the Like, mainly ABS and electrical issues. 

Also, being a fairly new model there is limited aftermarket support and Kymco offers NO accessories that I know of.

This thread has a lot of info on the Like, both the good and the bad:  https://advrider.com/f/threads/kymco-like-150i.1291028/

I also don't know how much of this is new model blues.  I put over 33,000 miles on my Super 8.  While it was very solid mechanically it did have a few electrical issues.  I'm guessing that the same will be true of the Like.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 07:15:14 PM by klaviator »
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()