Author Topic: Looks Like I'm Getting A 450i  (Read 890 times)

superrman77

• View Profile
Looks Like I'm Getting A 450i
« on: June 20, 2019, 12:45:51 AM »
Well it looks like I am going to purchase a 2018 450i next week.  I have read as much as I can on them.  Based on the reviews I have read on here they seem to be positive.  I went back and forth since this past winter on getting a 700i instead of the 450i.  Everything just leads me right back to the 450i.  I don't want a huge machine and the only other machine I really have considered is the Honda Pioneer 500.  I just can't get past not having a bed and a diff lock on them.  I know you can add power steering and a locker but I just can't justify buying one and have to pay $1000 more to add them.  So this is your chance to try and talk me out of my decision guys.  I appreciate all of the honest feedback I have gotten on this forum.

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
Re: Looks Like I'm Getting A 450i
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 01:41:54 AM »
I am certainly not going to try to talk you out of it. I have been pleased with my 2018 machine I purchased in March, and have about 225 miles on it so far. If you have read what various owners have posted on this forum over the past several years, you'll have a pretty good idea of what to expect from the machine.

As far as competition, I agree with you that the Pioneer is not truly comparable in features. Honestly, about the only other machine you are going to consider is the Polaris Ranger 500, and lately I have seen some that appear to be priced within a reasonable ballpark of the KYMCO. Considering how many thousands, or tens of thousands, more Rangers there are out there, and their proven reputation, this is something at least worth considering.

That said, if you are getting a good deal on the KYMCO, you can't go wrong. If you are buying a leftover 2018 model at this point, you definitely shouldn't be spending more than $7,500 on the machine, considering you can get yourself a brand new 2019 for $7,999. Heck, I'd say you can probably get it for $7,200 or $7,300 if you haggle a bit. I would think at this point the dealer is going to be glad to see it move and make room for more new inventory.

Final word of caution is regarding the extended warranty promotion, if that's still going. When I bought, KYMCO was offering a free, 36-month extended warranty on top of the 12-month factory warranty. I did receive confirmation from KYMCO that my machine was registered properly for warranty and that I would receive the extended warranty information from the third-party vendor that administers it in 45-60 days. Well, I am not at about 90 days past purchase and still nothing on the extended warranty. I sent off another email to KYMCO about this yesterday but heard nothing. I think my next step will be to contact me dealer and see if they can reach out to KYMCO and get this squared away. It's not like I have had any problems with the machine, but hey, we are talking about free coverage from 2020-2022, so I definitely don't want to let that slip away!

If you ultimately decide to purchase the KYMCO, please let us know. We always appreciate a few photos and first impressions from new owners. Good luck!
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 04:05:03 PM »
You get all that stuff on a UXV500i as standard, I think.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 05:41:21 PM »
Glad to see another Kymco hopefull...compared to the Pioneer 500 the Kymco is more powerfull and faster and the mechanical transmission has had its issues, and they are very expensive to repair, with a Kymco just replacing a belt.  Ranger 500 is  good machine but slower than a 450i. Rangers have had front wheel bearings and suspension issues.  I have owned my 2015 450i for over 1000 miles and 0 issues. Notchy shifter is only complaint and you will quickly learn to get along with it.  I love the diff lock feature and have used it on many ocassions to get me out of trouble. Mine is used 70% as a work horse and the rest trail riding. I find it a comfortable ride on the trails for this 69 yr old body. Let us know if you go Kymco and yes we will need pics so we know its true!  Lol.....

mstparker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 01:14:49 PM »
Go for it!
My cousin mentioned that he wanted a SxS a few weeks ago but didn’t want to spend $12k. I told him about Kymco, now he has a new 450i. Also gave him Kurts phone number....

superrman77

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 10:34:05 PM »
I'm gonna look at a Turf model as well.  I'm curious how the turf model has held up on the trails for people.  Anyone have a turf model that they trail ride with as well?

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 07:36:43 PM »
The only difference in the turf model is different tires and the ability to unlock the rear diff. So, I doubt there is any appreciable difference in off-road capability. And you can always put dirt tires on it later if you want.
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

jwad1982

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 11:42:40 PM »
I have the turf model 450i. Like mentioned, I can run in 1 wheel drive and have "turf" tires. The machine is a beast. Took it to the Pocono mountains and made my own trails. It never stopped or hesitated.  The 1 wheel drive is great around the house because it doesn't tear up the lawn. The machines are heavy so turning tight in 2 wheel could, and has, tear the grass.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()