Author Topic: Beating the Heat  (Read 221 times)

monkeybongos

• Tampa, Fl
    • View Profile
Beating the Heat
« on: June 29, 2019, 12:33:48 PM »
This is from a story about the heatwave in Europe, talking about some gals in Munich removing their tops, only to be told by police to put them back on.  (What is wrong w those cops?!)  Then came this quote:

"It wasn't just the ladies. In eastern Germany, officers pulled over a naked man on a moped; apparently, it was so hot outside so he had to take off his clothes and jump on his moped to catch a breeze"

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

Probably fortunate the pictures didn't download, but for those curious  (and seeking a laugh), you can see them at
http://robinwestenra.blogspot.com/
It's a scooter, not a moped, but I couldn't ID the model.
If I were that cop, I would have looked the other way.  Literally and figuratively.  Go investigate the law-breaking ladies instead.
2014 BV 350  "IndiGO" (fast, strong and tireless)
2006 Honda Rebel 250  "Snow Leopard" (stealthy, agile and durable)
2018 Lance Cali Classic 200i  "Black Panther" (smooth, nimble, quiet and quick)
2016 Wolf V-50 (sold)

Wanted a Kymco, ended up w a Lance, but that forum is inactive, so I am here

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Beating the Heat
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 01:53:17 PM »
This is from a story about the heatwave in Europe, talking about some gals in Munich removing their tops, only to be told by police to put them back on.  (What is wrong w those cops?!)  Then came this quote:

"It wasn't just the ladies. In eastern Germany, officers pulled over a naked man on a moped; apparently, it was so hot outside so he had to take off his clothes and jump on his moped to catch a breeze"

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

Probably fortunate the pictures didn't download, but for those curious  (and seeking a laugh), you can see them at
http://robinwestenra.blogspot.com/
It's a scooter, not a moped, but I couldn't ID the model.
If I were that cop, I would have looked the other way.  Literally and figuratively.  Go investigate the law-breaking ladies instead.

More than 14,000 were said to have died in France during the 2003 heat wave. Let's hope this one isn't as bad.
Man, that German sure ruined the re-sale value of that scooter.
(sometimes I start unzipping my armored mesh jacket when I'm riding on a hot day - then I think, "Well, you do that, you'll come right out of this thing if you have a big off."....and I zip it back up. 10 days in Florida - I saw one rider with a helmet...it was a full face HJC)
Stig
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 02:11:44 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()