Author Topic: That CDI box thingy  (Read 12735 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: That CDI box thingy
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2010, 02:18:21 PM »
Sorry to go against you blokes on this, but I don't think this would be too high on her list of priorities. Once she has learnt to ride the scoot and is comfortable with it, then she can decide if she wants more speed. If the variator has been derestricted, then that should be enough for comuting.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2010, 02:42:49 PM »
Yes Sid, that is a good point to consider.

I did wait on derestricting my scoot until after I was comfortable riding it.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2010, 03:13:45 PM »
True, true. There's just not much I can take apart and look at with it indoors and it was indoors most of the day yesterday with the rain, so I started looking to see what I could see. I was surprised when I got to it and looked at it. It wasn't a big selling point for it, anyway, I asked about it at the last minute not at all expecting them to say it was already derestricted. Gonna try and get it up to the higher road here soon where I've got an extra block of fairly straight street and see how fast it rides up there. See how it feels before I decide. I will probably wait on it a bit anyway. You all keeping me cautious here, lol.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 03:18:23 PM »
Yep, safety first.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 04:25:29 PM »
I nominate Sid for safety officer!

See how this group think stuff works?  Just like Mommy said, before you know it we're all jumping off bridges because someone told us to do it. 

omfgdotcodotuk

• fookin quick gilera ice 50/70cc malossified ish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 04:37:11 PM »
slinger how you upload pictures please? got my cdi deresticted see new post,just dont know how to upload pics gorrrrd darn it ::)
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly ;)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2010, 05:59:36 PM »
..when you're posting a message, note the "Additional Options" link in the lower left of your screen...

..click on it, and a feature opens up that will let you browse to your pics...

..must be less than 192kb in file size tho...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

art

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 12:58:09 AM »
 The  35mph thing isn't bad to learn on,but in the real world it's just to slow in traffic and haveing no boost to get you out of harms way can be trouble.
 That said it will be great in the neighborhod to get the basics down. Deffinetly put some miles on close to home to start. Once you have some confidence you will see the need for speed  ;D  :D  ;)
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 01:14:25 AM »
Oh, yeah, where I live everything is 25 mph and 35 mph unless I wanna go across town. That will come in time, I'm sure. But within 3 miles or so of home I can now go to the post office, the bank, 2 grocery stores, 3 restaurants and a 7-11 convenient store. If I go a little farther like up to 6 miles, there's a larger grocery store, a Walgreen's pharmacy, Subway, Pizza Hut, a pawn shop and a small library where I could check out DVD movies and books. It's all on one road. So for me, if I have to keep that "Need for Speed" in check for a little while, I will still have a lot of freedom that I didn't have the past 2 years. I couldn't be happier about it.

Hey, I adjusted that back brake before I went out today. That nut was almost all the way out to the end. Looked like you could just twist it a time or two and it would be off. No wonder it felt like there was a lot of play in it...there was! lol

Made me feel good, like I did something. I adjusted my own brake. haha

art

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 01:36:33 AM »
  Ha! cool. Yep as you venture further the you will want some more speed ,but yep stay close and get a feel for it first. Traffic is a whole new world at first  :o  And they do not see you  ;)

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 01:50:04 AM »
If you haven't already done so, you should check out this little booklet on scooter riding 

http://www.msf-usa.org/downloads/Scooter_tips-screen.pdf

Basic information, but I did find it useful when I first started riding.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 02:42:23 AM »
Hey, thanks, oswaldters. I had thought about taking one of their beginner's motorcycle courses, even though it's a bit far away where they hold it, but they said it was full up here until mid October on the local website. Motorcycle is the only endorsement I don't have on my driver's license. I'd love to have the bragging rights. lol. I'll give that book a read, though and see what I can learn.

Good to know, art. Hey, maybe I can find me a hot pink sweater to wear with those knee-high black platform goth boots. I can see it now.  :D

art

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 06:06:02 PM »
  Ha! you will get noticed but may cause a whole new range of traffic problems for 1/2 the drivers  :D

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 09:10:21 PM »
lol, art. 2 funny. Hey, I see what you mean now, though. I went down to the police station today to get my plate. (They made me wait ALL *&%# DAY!) Them drivers are crazy! LOL. A few more mph for when you need it really wouldn't hurt. In the morning it wasn't too bad, except for the bus driver who tried to squeeze into my lane and then rode my ass and pissed me off until I pulled over to the side of the road a couple blocks early. Oops, sorry, I mean he really ticked me off. You know they were taught better than that. It was okay, though, cuz you know I had to get off and push the scoot up that last hill on the sidewalk so they didn't see me driving up. hehehee

The afternoon was a bit hairier. Heavier faster moving traffic, stoplight on an upward hill (I had to use the coasting trick on that one and I got lucky - this time,) Cobblestone patches in the middle of intersections, but not all along the road in downtown (who thought up that bright idea,) Construction ON the bridge all the way across, those weird metal zig zag plate thingies every few feet on the bridge, humongous never-ending hill with a line of cars behind me from where we were stopped at a light and wind that I did not expect. Why did I think the wind wouldn't try to push me around on the road a bit? And a big white truck right on my behind. I cut off and took some back roads when I got close to home. Then some SUV lady tried to turn into my lane on a side street, not even looking where she was going. I was tired and ready to get home.

I can see that if I want to venture out past my neighborhood often I will have to get good at this quick and stay alert. And yes, some additional speed couldn't hurt. But I made it there and back safely and I'm legal. Oh yeah, and I stopped at the store again on the way home just so I could say I reached my goal and made it up that hill and to the store before I ran out of toilet paper. That double roll 4-pack fits nicely in the underseat box.  ;D

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 10:04:47 PM »
Made me feel good, like I did something. I adjusted my own brake

..yay...!!!

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()