Author Topic: Any ideas for attaching a license plate that's too big?  (Read 4460 times)

Carol

• Brainerd, Minnesota
  • Look me up on facebook !
    • View Profile
Re: Any ideas for attaching a license plate that's too big?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 08:19:43 AM »
Nope  not yet.
We had that fire a month ago, and now have the new fireplace installed and all ready for decorating,  I have a 4 day weekend coming up, so I will get photo's probably Sunday evening.  I don't know how to post them on here, so I will put them on facebook, and post the link to my facebook.
 Photo's of the fire and fireplace are on there now.  http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=539955363

We recently had 5 inches of snow, so Rosie is in storage.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside , thoroughly used up , totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!!"

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 01:13:18 PM »
I'm glad you're getting things all fixed after that fire. I'm sure you are too. Thanks for the link. I'm going to check them out after lunch today. If you want any of the photos posted on here. You can send them to my email address in my profile and I will post them up for you. I had some trouble posting pics from my other computer on here, too. It seems to be working well from this one, though, so I would be glad to help.

Wow...5 inches of snow already?! We may be in for a rough winter this year then. Just a little over 3 months until spring, though. :)

Rosie will be rolling again in no time! I'm counting down the days already.

Agent Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 08:47:14 PM »
Allow me to jump in ladies. Rianna, why don't you post here how to  post pics on this site. I recently got a camera and have pics in Windows Photo Gallery, but that's as far as I got. Others may be interested also. Thanks.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 09:58:04 PM »
Okay, Bob, I tried. I didn't realize you meant for me to post it here, though. I started a New Topic for it. Sorry about that. If the Windows Photo Gallery is on your computer then what I posted should work. If it doesn't let me know and I'll check it out. Can't wait to see your pics. :)

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 03:33:26 AM »
And note there is a maximum size for the picture you can attatch.  If you do a search of this site for "posting pics" or "How to post a picture" or similar you'll find a couple of threads where it's been discussed before.  Zombie used to post links for a resizing program which I think was free.  Find it and get it if you want to use method 1.  ;)

Or use Klaviator's method which doesn't require resizing.  Just have to go open a free account on one of the many photo hosting sites.  Insert your URL code between the bracket thingys.  I use photobucket. 

midgetgoat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 10:29:51 PM »
Old thread, I know, but I was fighting the need for a plate bracket too. Read somewhere on here about "plumbers strapping" which instantly made me think of my extra metal drywall corner piece.

Cut a piece to length (plate length), folded it in half, drilled 4 holes, mashed it nice and flat w/ a 4lbs. hammer and attached it to the agility with two plastic ties. Seems good to go.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 10:32:37 PM by midgetgoat »

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 10:37:19 PM »
Section of carpet bar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()