Author Topic: Noise coming from the front tire already? - PROBLEM SOLVED  (Read 29089 times)

glopezz05

• View Profile
Re: Noise coming from the front tire already?
« Reply #180 on: September 24, 2010, 12:20:44 AM »
I'm bailing out of this thread...

Im usually on a bicycle, so for me, this thing is hauling ass!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 24, 2010, 12:34:20 AM »
I'm bailing out of this thread...

..HA!!..ur just scared you'll get ur nuts cracked!!!...lol..
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 24, 2010, 03:05:19 AM »
come on rianna go find that stong man to help you out.  ( YOU CAN DO IT)

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 24, 2010, 03:22:42 AM »
come on rianna go find that stong man to help you out.

Which way did he go, blue??? He must be hiding. I don't see him anywhere.

dang...y'all just wont let me get it off my mind until payday, will ya? lol

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 24, 2010, 03:35:56 AM »
who lives the closes to rianna to help her out someone take a scoot ride. or u.p.s. her a impact.lol

did you try puting a pipe on the socket wrench for more leverage.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 24, 2010, 03:42:04 AM »
here you go rianna. im sorry about the hard time im just jokeing wish you all the luck with your scoot.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 24, 2010, 01:54:29 PM »
Hey, thanks, blue. I know you're just joking and you mean well. I appreciate it. :)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 07, 2010, 03:30:43 AM »
G'day Rianna, I just realised I was getting carried away on a threadjack, did you end up getting your brake caliper off?
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 07, 2010, 03:47:14 AM »
G'day, sid! Yes, took it off and put it back on a few times now. I just don't see the problem with it.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 07, 2010, 04:43:53 AM »
Was there any noise when turning the wheel with the caliper off?
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 07, 2010, 03:16:14 PM »
Hi, sid. There is just the slightest (constant) ting when I spin the wheel with the caliper off (maybe something inside the tire itself?,) but it's not that grinding noise that happens when the caliper is attached. I hear it, but I don't know how to explain the noise I hear with the caliper off. It seems like I should only be able to hear my hand hitting the tire and the air as it is being forced around by my hand at first, similar to what I would hear with a bicycle tire, but I'm hearing more than that. (But what do I know, right? I've never had a scoot before.) I don't know if a mechanic that just replaces what they're told to replace would know what it is at this point or not. It may be that it's just not bad enough or loud enough yet. But, someone that rides their own scoot and has encountered a similar front end problem before, would surely know where to start with it. And someone riding daily on a scoot with no problems will recognize there's a problem right away if they try to ride this one.

Sometimes, with a car, I can hear a noise the fan belt is making 4 months before it actually makes a higher pitched noise and decides to snap off. (And then it snaps off going along a highway up a mountainside with very few pull off areas by myself, lol.) Drives me crazy when I can't figure out where a noise is coming from. It seems to be harder for me than actually waiting to gather enough money and fixing the actual problem(s). :)

Honestly, if I had the money, I would just begin replacing the four or five things that Could be causing problems until it ran smoothly again as it did the first couple days I had it. It ran as smooth as the road I was riding it on then and that seemed right to me, even though I never had a scoot before. The last time I had it out, though, (on the same roads) it seemed to me that the front wheel wanted to turn one way, when I was actually wanting it to turn the opposite way, and it wanted to send off a vibrating bounce here and there where the road was smooth and straight. That could get dangerous rather quickly. A terrible disappointment.

I don't remember exact prices, but I think the wheel bearings were around $25, a tire around $50, a brake assembly including a disc is probably around $100, just pads probably around $20 or $30, don't know about steering bearings, or shocks or other things yet. And of course there's a lot of shipping and waiting involved for each part ordered if doing things one at a time. Could be six months before reaching an answer that way.

What I don't want to do is say, replace the caliper (or something else) immediately, then find out that it goes bad again because it was something else out of balance that was causing it and have money wasted because I have to order and replace another one. That's probably why I was asking if anyone had any tests in mind to rule out a problem with bearings, brakes or any particular part. If I find any I will be sure to post them. :)

art

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 07, 2010, 07:42:18 PM »
 With caliper removed. Its bearing,axle or speedo cable. They do not lube the axle well on alot of these and the speedo cable is conected at the hub. It would be free to inspect and clean these and about 2 cent worth of grease to lube  :D Try that first.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 07, 2010, 08:41:53 PM »
Thank you, art! That's a good plan for tonight, or morning, if time slips away from me too quickly here. Gotta bring it back inside. I was trying out a new ramp setup to get up over that wall easier. I can use this grease for all of that? Or something else? Thanks.  ;D

omfgdotcodotuk

• fookin quick gilera ice 50/70cc malossified ish
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 07, 2010, 09:01:07 PM »
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm something else lol   ;)
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly ;)

omfgdotcodotuk

• fookin quick gilera ice 50/70cc malossified ish
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 07, 2010, 09:02:28 PM »
Sorry could not resist ;D
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()