Author Topic: Noise coming from the front tire already? - PROBLEM SOLVED  (Read 29060 times)

Rianna

• View Profile
Re: Noise coming from the front tire already?
« Reply #240 on: November 11, 2010, 02:49:10 AM »
That's the thing about that modding bug. It builds gradually. It starts out with "just one thing." Then it becomes "just one more thing." :)

So you got your Dr Pulleys in already? That's great. I hope you have good weather for the weekend then! It's supposed to rain this weekend here. I'm hoping the forecast changes before then. Especially if I get the scoot goin'.

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 11, 2010, 02:57:57 AM »
Supposed to be sunny and a high of 60 for both Saturday and Sunday so should be good weather.

The Dr. Pulleys are schedule to arrive tomorrow so I don't have them in hand at this moment.

On the bright side, after switching out weights a bunch of times I'm pretty sure that I can take off the crankcase with my eyes closed. 

And you're right, especially since I have acquired some new tools in the process I figure I should use them to do something else.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 11, 2010, 03:16:13 AM »
Yeah, I'm already pricing more tools, lol. Wish that impact were cheaper. I didn't think you'd have any problems changing the rollers. See, you're a pro already. :)

Saw this site today greatnecktools and thought it was pretty cool. At the bottom they had sections for $1.99, $4.99 and $9.99 tools then when you click on one it shows a list of places to buy them online and their prices. No cheap impacts though, lol.

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 11, 2010, 03:25:35 AM »
You know, the impact wrench made taking off the variator nut a snap.  But I don't like using it to put the nut back on.

Even the cheap impact wrench I bought applies 2oo+ ft lbs which is way more than the variator nut can take.  So I had to 'guess' at how much torque I was applying with it.  Too little and the nut comes loose, to much and I would strip it.

So, in the end, I decided to use a combination of a chain wrench and torque wrench to put the nut back on so I know for sure I'm doing it right.

I'm going to check out the website though, it's been hours since I bought a new tool...

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 11, 2010, 03:30:55 AM »
it's been hours since I bought a new tool...

Oh no...the withdrawal will be setting in any minute now...

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 11, 2010, 03:35:38 AM »
Hands starting to shake...

Wife starting to give me that "you bought something else" look...

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 11, 2010, 03:44:45 AM »
You can always politely remind her that you keep your scoot outdoors...:D

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 11, 2010, 03:47:37 AM »
I might end up being outdoors too.   ;D

Now I see why people buy multiple scoots - the best way to make use of all those tools! 

And I haven't gotten into doing any work on the carb yet...

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 11, 2010, 03:52:11 AM »
I saw that "yet" there. LOL!

You could have a LOT worse hobbies for your wife to worry about though.

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 11, 2010, 04:02:15 AM »
I have to admit to being less than enthusiastic about working on the carb. 

Maybe once I get some experience with it I will feel differently, but the one thing I'd really like on the next scoot I get is fuel injection.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 11, 2010, 04:10:54 AM »
"2oo+ ft lbs"

That's crazy. They should have variation setting.

I know nothing about the carb really so I'll be learning from whatever you get up the enthusiasm to do. Well, I guess I did learn the difference between the diaphragm and the float bowl gasket. hehehe. I forget which scoot has the fuel injection now, oswaldters. I know one does have it. Must be getting tired.

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 11, 2010, 04:16:55 AM »
For 50cc there aren't too many.  I think the Aprilla 50 R does, and the Yamaha C3 does for sure.

My hope is that I get a couple of more years out of the guilty and by then more scooter models will have the fuel injection.  What I really hope is that Kymco come up with one.  

I could do without the hassle of waiting for the scoot to warm up in the winter.

And I don't know anything about the carb at this point so even figuring out what size carb jet (and here I mean the physical size - length, thread size, et). to order is a mystery.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 11, 2010, 04:23:28 AM »
Yeah, that Aprillia SR Factory R or whatever it's called...lol...has pretty much the same specs as that liquid cooled Super 9. They cost a pretty penny, though!

Man, you know, I hate it, I had a couple of really good links bookmarked about those jets! I really hate that I lost everything. Almost makes me wanna go back to writing things down the old fashioned way. I'd probably lose the papers though.

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 12, 2010, 02:15:50 AM »
I didn't really know anything about the Aprilia so I looked it up tonight.

Wow, that is expensive!  

But it sure sounds like a hell of a ride.  
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 03:51:07 AM by oswaldters »

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 12, 2010, 03:49:58 AM »
It sure does, oswaldters. They had one at the dealer's when I went to pick up my scoot and I couldn't take my eyes off of it! I think it might have been a motorcyle though because of the design, but it was sharp!! :D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()