Author Topic: Noise coming from the front tire already? - PROBLEM SOLVED  (Read 29148 times)

art

• View Profile
Re: Noise coming from the front tire already?
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 04:15:33 AM »
 Ha! just to the fridge. We got those philbert nuts all over the place here and doesn't take much to get them where you don't want them. Take a good look though if it's affecting your front brake thats not good.But a screw or tack in the tire will make a similare noise.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 04:29:50 AM »
Will do, thanks, art. I have to look at it in the daytime. I would look at nite when it's on my mind, but I could hardly move around in the kitchen to get the roast out of the crock pot and put the leftovers in the fridge. A small kitchen gets even smaller with a scooter in it. lol.

My son came in and went to get a gatorade out of the fridge. He squeezes around the scoot. He just looks at it and tiptoes around it. He hasn't got up the nerve to say anything about it yet. He knows his ma is crazy.  ;D

Yeah, it could be one of them nuts and I'm just overlooking it. My flashlight ain't worth 2 cents. Those nuts are huge here, don't know what kind they are, but they're everywhere. Can't help but run over one now and again. Sometimes that noise gets so loud I think the wheel is coming off, but it don't wobble or anything.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 04:40:44 AM »
 Ya if you can hear it coming from the wheel area check it good. Make sure the axle is tight.
 I bought one scoot from a kid that was convinced the front wheel was bent(and it did ride like it was) He never did any maintanance! The axle was less than finger tight and the stearing head was even looser. About 15 min.and all was good to go.(after the perchase  ;) ) Wish they were all that easy :D

art

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 04:50:41 AM »
  Ha! ps. Your going to have to hide the keys to that thing when he relizes what it can do!

omfgdotcodotuk

• fookin quick gilera ice 50/70cc malossified ish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 03:56:03 PM »
sounds like the front brake caliper is binding.If you feel the front disk brake is it very warm/hot or if you have been for a long ride on it you can smell the brakes,the heat build up of the brakes binding could also have warped/buckled your disk this also could be the cause of the sound if they binding.let me know please im interested to see the outcome of this ;)
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly ;)

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 04:03:09 PM »
Yeah, art, I get my hands on some tools and get it up on that stand and I may have a better chance of getting to the problem. Maybe I'll get lucky like you did. That was good to have the fix in 15 minutes!

Ha! My son's not really the adventurous or daredevil type even if I try to get him to be. (Probably better for me he's not. lol.) He's just moving back from his dad's and he stays busy in his last year of school. All advanced classes and joins every club and activity. I see him like 10 minutes a day to say, "Have a good day," and "Sleep good, see ya tomorrow." But I did warn him...since he was too busy to carry me to get the scoot (after I drive him and all of his friends everywhere for almost 18 years) he better not even look at it when it gets home. I told him if he thinks is shiny and pretty he better not even think to ask if he can try it out. Am I mean or what? ;D

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 04:07:23 PM »
sounds like the front brake caliper is binding.If you feel the front disk brake is it very warm/hot or if you have been for a long ride on it you can smell the brakes,the heat build up of the brakes binding could also have warped/buckled your disk this also could be the cause of the sound if they binding.let me know please im interested to see the outcome of this ;)
Hey, you know, omfg, I did smell something last night. I never thought about it at the time. I'm gonna leave that fender off and take a longer ride to see if I notice a smell and then feel for warm brakes. Thanks.

omfgdotcodotuk

• fookin quick gilera ice 50/70cc malossified ish
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 04:17:30 PM »
no problem its a wiered smell but the heat will be a big give away (ermmm proceed with caution dont just grab hold of the lil puppy after your long ride!!!!! use back of your hand and get closer im sure if its that hot you will know) another way wet your hand and flick a lil water on it if it hisses like a cobra you got issues,if this is the case hit me back ill help you sort it,its no biggy.But if the disk is warped then it will need replacing or minimum skimming,looking on ebay probably cheaper buying good second hand than skimming it.tc hun ;)
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly ;)

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2010, 06:20:52 PM »
Okay, I used a diagram so I don't mess up any technical terms.  :D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 06:47:23 PM by Rianna »

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2010, 07:01:46 PM »
if you cant find out whats wrong you may have to take back to dealer im sure it stell under warennty.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2010, 07:04:13 PM »
Nope, no warranty. But I'm gonna figure it out before it drives me crazy. lol

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 10:33:59 PM »
I only got a couple more guesses left in me. lol

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 10:38:55 PM »
..have you ruled anything out yet??
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2010, 12:25:43 AM »
Nah, all I accomplished this evening before it got dark was to remove the front cover and disconnect the headlight so I could see better. Would like to find a way to jack it up a bit indoors so I can spin that tire and check some things even if it's dark outside. I got tired and gave up for awhile.

Oh, I did find the plastic cover that goes in the met-in box over the carb. It fell out of the opening in the underneath of the floorboard. I have to wonder how long it was there and what else might be hiding. The dealer told me it didn't have one.  ::)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 12:26:44 AM »
It fell out of the opening in the underneath of the floorboard.

..wow..what luck!!...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()