Author Topic: Noise coming from the front tire already? - PROBLEM SOLVED  (Read 29117 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

glopezz05

• View Profile
Re: Noise coming from the front tire already?
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2010, 03:36:42 AM »
Go with the leovince!

You can find some videos of a50s with it on...

Sounds so killer.
Im usually on a bicycle, so for me, this thing is hauling ass!

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2010, 03:38:25 AM »
yeah, for $20 more, I guess less is more? lol

You might wanna try this place too, I saw many different colors. Some for $100 - $140 but I'm getting tired so I couldn't figure out what works and what doesn't.  ???

http://www.scooterpartsmania.com/

We gonna find you something for a good price.  :)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2010, 03:38:49 AM »
Go with the leovince!

...yup..i saw a cpl....and i do think it's all my scoot really needs...

..seems 15-20% increases have always worked well with th' old girl...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 03:40:38 AM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2010, 04:32:53 AM »
I am not a fan of impact guns, I don't think there is a need for them on a scooter. If you can borrow a torque wrench you will be able to loosen the bolts with that, if they don't loosen they will break. if it comes down to it, you can get a spray to break the threadlocker, more cost though, I can't just go out and buy things like some people can, so I suggest borrow a torque wrench.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2010, 04:43:16 AM »
Thanks, sid. I checked with everybody I could think of and no one seems to have one. One fella looked at me funny like I made up a new word or something when I asked about a torque wrench. Guess folks here aren't into tools as much as I thought. lol. The auto parts place may have one. I checked on their website tonight and it showed a picture of one. I did not see the impact gun, though, unless I missed it. It may be different as to what each store lends out. I can only hope they will have something available in a size I can use. I may have to hop on a bus, then transfer to another bus and do the same thing to get back including some walking each way. It will take up too much of the day, but I don't see any other options. I guess we just do what we gotta do sometimes. Worst case scenario I'll just have to wait until payday and try to be patient. (I'm not this patient, really.)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2010, 05:11:46 AM »
An auto parts store should have a 1/2" Sqare drive torque wrench, a basic one is under $20. If you like, I could post one to you, take about 1-2 weeks.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2010, 05:27:35 AM »
lol, I love it, sid. What a great idea. By the time it would reach me, though, I will have the money to buy one. Ah...Such is life. Looks like I'm meant to wait no matter what. I don't know why. Probably because I must learn to be patient. I've been sitting around without any wheels for 2 years, so what's 2 more weeks, right?

Yeah the auto parts store has a loan-a-tool program so I will ask them about the size you mentioned. If they don't have one to lend, I will buy one there or somewhere on payday. It would be nice to get it loose even a little because it may just be something small in there and it may fall out when I try to open it up a bit.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2010, 06:13:44 AM »
Go to a mechanics shop and ask them to brake the lock for you and then to retighten them. No one in their right mind would charge you for that.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2010, 12:30:15 PM »
I am not a fan of impact guns, I don't think there is a need for them on a scooter. If you can borrow a torque wrench you will be able to loosen the bolts with that, if they don't loosen they will break.

Correct me if I am wrong, but torque wrench is used to tighten the screws. When you apply sufficient force, it will "crack" and indicate "that`s it".

Using torque wrench to loosen bolt (especially one that is very tight) will result in damage to torque wrench rendering it useless for its primary purpose.

Maybe you wanted to suggest to use a wrench with long handle thus having better leverage?
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2010, 12:58:24 PM »
Perhaps I didnt explain myself clearly, I did say a cheap one, they are not the type with the click feature, they are a long handled bar with a scale to note the force applied to the bolt. A 1/2 inch drive torque wrench is usually rated to 140-150 foot pounds of torque, a 10mm bolt would not take that amount of force. So the best way to remove the bolts in my opinion, plus, you also have a torque wrench to tighten the bolts correctly after the caliper has been removed and inspected.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 22, 2010, 01:10:41 AM »
you wana impact not a torque wrench.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 22, 2010, 08:54:14 PM »
Thanks, all! If I'm borrowing I'm kind of at the mercy of the lender and will try to work with whatever they have available at that time. When I go to buy my own, though, I will be sure to look for the right one to get the job done. And the reason I haven't gotten motivated enough to have that thing off of there already is because if I take it off and find out I need new pads, disc, bolts, etc. I will only be more depressed until payday while staring at it all apart and waiting to be fixed.  ;)

art

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 22, 2010, 09:28:45 PM »
 Your pads looked ok in the pic. Not worn.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 22, 2010, 09:54:43 PM »
Thanks, art. Hey, on another note, my helmet came Saturday and it fits under the seat.  ;D The one I borrowed didn't fit. It was styled more like the motorcross ones. Oh, and the other one had that thing in the front that came all the up and nearly covered my nose - this one doesn't and I can see the gauges now! lol.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()