Author Topic: Noise coming from the front tire already? - PROBLEM SOLVED  (Read 29081 times)

oswaldters

• View Profile
Re: Noise coming from the front tire already?
« Reply #210 on: November 03, 2010, 02:01:02 AM »
Haven't seen her online the last few days.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 03, 2010, 02:02:18 AM »
...dang...she's run off with zombie...........
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 03, 2010, 02:03:46 AM »
It's like Lost!

Maybe they're stranded on some island.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 04, 2010, 01:28:03 AM »
maybe her internet is down. we need are mom come back scooter mom.

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 04, 2010, 01:50:48 AM »
Let's hope her scooter is up.

Maybe she got it fixed and just hasn't stopped riding yet!

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 04, 2010, 02:28:06 AM »
Let's hope her scooter is up.

Maybe she got it fixed and just hasn't stopped riding yet!

lol she took one hell of a long ride.

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 04, 2010, 02:31:30 AM »
Must have gone with Pedro - haven't seen him around either!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 04, 2010, 09:20:06 PM »
..i voted for pedro...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 04, 2010, 11:17:32 PM »
I beleave she just ran off with her scoot. .

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 04, 2010, 11:50:46 PM »
..i voted for pedro...

Me too!

Must be heading to D.C. after the elections!

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 08, 2010, 02:10:28 PM »
OK GUYS ' Its been about a week now should we make a missing persons report.--------

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 08, 2010, 10:58:25 PM »
We could put out an ASB - all scooterists bulletin for them...

Maybe offer a reward for information?

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 09, 2010, 02:49:20 AM »
And what happened to Word?

People keeping disappearing around here....

codger78

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 09, 2010, 05:27:39 AM »
We've got some trees down in the yards down here and I can't get it to the road. They're supposed to finish cleaning the mess tomorrow. If they don't I might have to pick up some branches and roll some logs out of the way myself, lol.
Maybe the mess from the storm (?) is taking more of her time than expected. ??? ??? ???
borrowed dust

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 09, 2010, 10:00:46 PM »
Hey, thanks all for thinking of me. Long post here. It's been a difficult week. Sorry for not posting back sooner. I wish I could say I was just out riding and having fun!!

The trees are no longer an issue, but there is still one work truck parked in one neighbor's yard on the other end of the road working every day and making nonstop noise trying to get at a bunch of really tall and heavy broken branches above the housetops. They have actually been leaving one truck parked here overnight and carpooling back to it in their other trucks every morning. At least I can get to the road.

I haven't actually taken the scooter out yet, though. Luck has not been on my side. I realized I had forgotten to grease the axle when I put it all back together and I got really tired that day and it was getting late so I decided it might be best to wait until morning. That way I could go across town on the bus and pick up a cheap torque wrench and some threadlocker and just do everything the right way at one time. And hope to not have to do it all again for awhile.

Next day my back decided it had done too much sitting on the cold hard floor and too much yard work lately and it didn't want to work at all. :( A couple of days of that was more than I could stand and I was wishing I had something more than advils in the house!

I finally get up and make it across town (the bus I took had problems and didn't meet the transfer bus on time so I ended up having to do a LOT more walking than intended, by the way) and I pick up a torque wrench, some threadlocker, some stuff to put on the back of the pads, some anti-seize stuff for the pins and throw in some CRC brake parts cleaner and some Brake Fluid for good measure, and a packet of dielectric grease that was cheap. It was great they had everything I needed and more in small quantities for just under $30 bucks! :)

I made it back home with a lot more walking and my back screaming at me the whole way, but I was fairly determined at this point to get it all done, especially after all the walking I just did. I turn the computer on to pull up the manual for the torque specs and it starts acting up then just quit working on me while I was troubleshooting it and trying to locate the source of the problem. :( :(

I pull up the recovery console which is not the Windows recovery console so everything looks weird and I set out to restore. Sadly I selected the wrong option. Not thinking that this was the old work computer I clicked to restore it back to the factory settings state so it would be like it was the day it left the factory. I SHOULD have restored it back to the first day I began using it at home 2 years ago. I realized it too late so everything was put back to sometime around 2006 I think and some drivers or something is missing. The IBM recovery console thingy is weird and doesn't have a lot of options and I eventually gave up when updating it on their website didn't work. My internet connection isn't the greatest and the update failed several times. When I'm in the recovery console I can use the mouse and keyboard and in the BIOS I can use the keyboard, but when I boot it up I cannot use mouse or keyboard. If anyone has any ideas on that feel free to send me a PM. I would love to be able to download the manual again!

I'm on an old computer now with only 128MB of RAM and it sounds like it's struggling and on it's last leg when I try to download anything. If someone could post the torque specs for the axle nut and the brake mount bolts from their manual I would REALLY appreciate it!!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()