Author Topic: Kymco 700i  (Read 1203 times)

Advantagerider@aol.com

• View Profile
Kymco 700i
« on: August 07, 2019, 10:43:57 AM »
Hello guys and guys. I am new to this forum and Kymco machines. I have a 2018 700i hunter sxs. Long story short I let my friend drive it and he must of shifted it to fast and the transmission broke through the case. I am having a hard time finding any parts schematics or places to purchase parts. Can anyone assist? The machine is. 2018 and only has 150 miles. Any help would be appreciated.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco 700i
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 01:15:33 PM »
Hope your "friend" is going to man-up on the bill! I don't know but your "friend" should have understood these are to be shifted ONLY when stopped! One of the side x side guys will know something...
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 06:25:09 PM »
Your going to need a factory service manual, I got mine thru "cyclepedia" an online manual service. I have both hard print copy and the online version, they also offer a problem consulting service once you join. Mine was 100 for both orint and online lifetime.  You will need to go thru a dealer for parts. If the case is actually broken you might just consider a whole new engine/trans assembly. Would be a lot less labor!  Kymco USA has a parts break down with part numbers, you will need to join for access but it is free. I hope your frind is going to step up cause this isnt gonna be cheap.  Another reason I carry full coverage ins just like my car. Find a good dealer to help you out. Even if not local, UPS ships everyday!  Good luck and keep us posted

Brad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 08:07:24 PM »
OUCH !!!!! keep us up to date on what you find out please, interested on how you make out with this one and to airshot. glad I am not the only one who has full coverage its a touch on the expensive side but gives me peace of mind

mstparker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 08:45:42 PM »
What kinda full coverage insurance covers repairs that aren’t the result of a collision?

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 11:41:48 PM »
You need to be very carefull w the claim is filed...it is nsured as an offroad vehicle so some policies will cover damage from offroading, similiar to a boat ins policy.  Your boat can be covered if it hits something floating in the water, an offroad vehicle can be covered while riding offroad. I don know the full story, but if the machine was taken without permission or something was run into, a possible claim could be made.  Many policies on sports equipment has much different coverage than your auto.  Carefull shopping is needed to get extra coverage for unusual or non customery coverage.  I have no idea whether it would cover this guys problems. 

mstparker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 12:30:55 AM »
Thanks!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()