Author Topic: Vinyl wrapping  (Read 831 times)

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
Vinyl wrapping
« on: August 10, 2019, 08:54:04 PM »

Well trying to add a little styling pizazz.  Vinyl wrap (3m 1080).   Not as easy as it looks.  I probably would have skipped it had I known.  Plan was to do the whole scooter in Orange (figured it looks cool, and orange is a safer color)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 Kymco Like 150i

leomagnus

• Providence, RI
    • View Profile
Re: Vinyl wrapping
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 03:18:48 PM »
still, it looks like you did good job with that'

Dean
Rome, Italy
'97 Honda SH50
'98 Aprilia SR50
'01 Gilera Runner 180
'05 Honda SH150
I have minor knowledge on basic maintenance based of many conversations with scooter mechanics in Rome, Italy.

Warwick, RI, USA
'12 Kymco People GTi 300
'18 Kymco Xciting 400i ABS
'22 Kymco AK550 ABS

Alpha95

• View Profile
    • Alpha 95
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 09:45:02 PM »
I worked in a car wrapping shop as head strip fitter for a little while and had a few practice goes at wrapping parts on a quiet day when there was left over material. Really not as easy as it looks, also depends on material. I imagine you had a struggle with some of the curves on that bike  ;D I used to do a lovely job on some parts and then the last corner I'd get a crease I couldn't budge lol. Some of these wrap guys have real talent and technique. Looks like a good job on your scooter though!
Kieran

Personal motorcycles:
Modified 1995 Suzuki RF600
125cc Custom Bobber

Owner of Alpha 95 where we buy, repair and sell motorcycles of all shapes and sizes. Also custom builds and services. Too many bikes I've bought to list

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 12:01:45 AM »
I worked in a car wrapping shop as head strip fitter for a little while and had a few practice goes at wrapping parts on a quiet day when there was left over material. Really not as easy as it looks, also depends on material. I imagine you had a struggle with some of the curves on that bike  ;D I used to do a lovely job on some parts and then the last corner I'd get a crease I couldn't budge lol. Some of these wrap guys have real talent and technique. Looks like a good job on your scooter though!

Yeah it’s those damn curves.  It does look good from a distance but I have to rip it off and start over.  I was using the knifeless tape to get my edges and I screwed up by not securing the vinyl enough on the opposite side of the tape.  Oh well.  I am getting the hang of it but won’t be attempting curves anytime soon
2018 Kymco Like 150i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()