Author Topic: Kymco K-Pipe mod ideas?  (Read 317 times)

Alpha95

• View Profile
    • Alpha 95
Kymco K-Pipe mod ideas?
« on: August 12, 2019, 11:37:40 PM »
Hi everyone. New to the forum from the UK. Got a little Kymco K-Pipe that's starting to gather dust. Bought it a few months ago and haven't got round to fixing it up yet. It's a little beat up, only got round to taking the motor out for a piston and valve seal change. There is some damage to the bike which includes bent forks (luckily got some spare though a few millimeters taller) and the worst bit for me is the broken rear light. Worst for me seeing as I can't find any cheap in the UK and for me it's not worth tipping a lot of money into. Though hands on work I'm not afraid of. My thought is fibreglass and smooth out the tail to fit a smaller universal brake light that sets me back less than £10. Just wondering if anyone has one of these that they've damaged and done some modifications to make up for it? Or any other ideas? Don't see many of these on the roads here at all. Maybe for good reason considering the state of the low mileage engine and overall condition of other parts considering its a 2015 plate, but can safely say I've worked on much worse. I have a small motorcycle workshop so plenty or tools and equipment for any craziness. Any ideas much appreciated 😁
Kieran

Personal motorcycles:
Modified 1995 Suzuki RF600
125cc Custom Bobber

Owner of Alpha 95 where we buy, repair and sell motorcycles of all shapes and sizes. Also custom builds and services. Too many bikes I've bought to list

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco K-Pipe mod ideas?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 10:25:23 AM »
Hello and welcome!
Not many of your bike sold here in the States.
Yeah, maybe a trailer rear light, or something from a bike breakers could be fitted?
The UK seems to be tough on bikes, with your damp and grit.
Hope you get it sorted. Folks on Grom sites have any ideas for you?
Pix of your ride when you can?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Alpha95

• View Profile
    • Alpha 95
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 08:36:01 PM »
Thanks for the reply Stig. You'll have to excuse my late reply, currently moving our motorcycle workshop to a new area and, well, you can imagine the equipment and spare parts we have to move. There is small motorcycle rear lights , you see them on a lot of chinese bikes. I'll put a picture in with this post and I can guarantee you've seen them before lol. Damp and grit isn't great on these bikes, funny though as it is a 2015 motorcycle and I have a 1995 Suzuki RF 600 that was neglected between 2 sheds , just left to rot, and that is immaculate compared to this thing. But I can see that the Kymco is probably a fun little bike. Was going to be my girlfriends first motorcycle as you are restricted to 125cc bikes over here until you do a test. Shes changed her mind now and I've given her a little bobber we built together, still not quite finished but suits her better with height and gearing. Not got many pictures of the Kymco but I've attached two here. Arrived to us with a flat tyre, very bent forks that leaked everywhere and a very neglected engine. You can see the small puddle on the front of the ramp, that's fork oil. I am not even going to mention the weld someone has attempted on the exhaust

IMG-0005" border="0 IMG-0017" border="0
s-l1600" border="0
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 08:38:31 PM by Alpha95 »
Kieran

Personal motorcycles:
Modified 1995 Suzuki RF600
125cc Custom Bobber

Owner of Alpha 95 where we buy, repair and sell motorcycles of all shapes and sizes. Also custom builds and services. Too many bikes I've bought to list

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 09:15:09 AM »
Thanks for the pix.
Good luck with your move!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.