Author Topic: The hidden problem w/ electric scooters.  (Read 354 times)

scootertherapy

• View Profile
The hidden problem w/ electric scooters.
« on: August 20, 2019, 12:15:53 AM »
It's also the same problem as with the ford transit connect. I'd like to get a connect as a small dry camper. Can't buy one. Too much of what is going on here. I wouldn't buy an electric scooter w/o testing it first.

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
Re: The hidden problem w/ electric scooters.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 07:34:17 AM »
EM radiation at a similar level to a iPhone.

It's not ideal, but I'm not convinced by the poster of the video who doesn't seem to understand himself what a safe level of radiation is.

Making videos like this just contributes to the slow dumbing-down of society. Take the time, give us some comparison figures, the potential effects of radiation at that frequency...

I'm not saying EM radiation is without its effects nor suggesting the scooter is risk free. Just that it's a lazy video.
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

mousejunks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 08:48:54 AM »
There's a lot more radiation from the sun - millions of times more powerful that isn't picked up by the meter. There is also background radiation in our food, the ground and cosmic rays.
'09 Kymco Espresso 150i
'11 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS - 79,500km
'17 Kymco Downtown 350i ABS

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 11:14:22 AM »
HELLO!
There's radiation in my Moon Pies??!!
Well....life lived on the edge is....
I forget....
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 11:28:13 AM »
Go sit under a powerline. CRT monitors were xray emitters. We are IN the earth's magnetic field, the most pwerful electromagnetic force field on, ah, earth!

The biggest threat, however, is the poison used in agriculture by the thousands of gallons each year. This stuff in part is related to Agent Orange. A close relative, Round Up, is featured in high profile lawsuits, most successful these days. So while we busy ourselves with the questionable health hazard of EMI radiation, the chem companies are busy killing everything.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 12:52:23 PM by CROSSBOLT »
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 01:52:34 PM »
Go sit under a powerline. CRT monitors were xray emitters. We are IN the earth's magnetic field, the most pwerful electromagnetic force field on, ah, earth!

The biggest threat, however, is the poison used in agriculture by the thousands of gallons each year. This stuff in part is related to Agent Orange. A close relative, Round Up, is featured in high profile lawsuits, most successful these days. So while we busy ourselves with the questionable health hazard of EMI radiation, the chem companies are busy killing everything.

One of the joys of the EU - that stuff is really quite well controlled over this side of the pond :)

Until we have the free trade agreement anyway...!
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()