Author Topic: Hola America del sur  (Read 635 times)

happytobepoor

• View Profile
Hola America del sur
« on: August 30, 2019, 04:38:54 AM »
I plan to ride down to Brazil. And I plan to use the D/T. I have owned tons of very good motorcycle in almost 50 years.

The D/T is the one that has impressed me the most, and it will add years of enjoyment.

I  had a seat design for our confort and added a set of 48l givi trekker outback and a 58 l top case.  We rode the Baby  110/120 k/h 2up across Canada, USA and Mexico like nothing.

I have 60,000 km on the clock, did the valves twice, change the belt once,  the rectifier/stater beign the only issue.

I saw an almost new one 4500 km for $1500. I jump on it right away. I will ride this baby to South America and will be riding it there minimum a few years.

It's not a complaint, I wish it had a longer suspension travel to be more adecuate on gravel road.

The $1000. question how do you manage to ride dirt road. Have you tried any specific tires, any idea how to modify the suspension

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Hola America del sur
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 11:42:18 AM »
Welcome happy!
Not sure much can be done to increase suspension travel, or comfort, on a scooter. Design with engine & trans tied to rear wheel, etc.
Maybe oil and spring alterations to front will help some?
Expect much reduced tire life on gravel, no matter which tire you use.
Good luck & safe travels!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

KymcoRockr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 08:17:52 PM »
Go slow enough that you can safely come to a stop if you need to, and favor the rear brake. Watch for changes in the terrain ahead, and if someone goes flying by in a car or truck, watch for flying rocks off their rear tires. A lot of the gravel roads down there have rocks as big as baseballs. They can take out a lot of things.  Also, for some reason, you might hit a lot more birds than you do in North America. Not sure why.

Been riding for a very long time.
AK550
Yager 200

john grinsel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 08:23:54 PM »
Gravel----load/boxes mounted high are no help----scooters can be ridden on dirt/gravel at slow speeds.  With no tank to grip, pegs to stand on can be handful.

happytobepoor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 02:31:15 AM »
kymco is working on an adventure scooter, the concept is known, hope to see soon, s://www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/kymco-follows-x-adv

happytobepoor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 03:00:33 AM »
I finally found the tire I was looking for. It's the Heidenau K66 M & S (mud and snow)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 10:45:51 AM »
I finally found the tire I was looking for. It's the Heidenau K66 M & S (mud and snow)
Yeah, was going to recommend that tire.....but couldn't spell it😊
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()