Author Topic: Missing scooter category  (Read 540 times)

Ex-KLR

• Cumberland County Tennesee
    • View Profile
Missing scooter category
« on: August 31, 2019, 01:13:51 AM »
Just picked up my brand new Like 150i today and noticed that it is not included.
Like 150i ABS

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
Re: Missing scooter category
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 02:01:51 AM »
I don't know why it doesn't have it's own section when it probably Kymco's best selling scooter today.  The best place to find information on the 150i is probably here: https://advrider.com/f/threads/kymco-like-150i.1291028/
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

Ex-KLR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 07:40:53 PM »
The Owner's Manual is barely worth the paper it's printed on.  English is not the writers first (or or probably third) language.  Even worse, I can find very little technical or mechanical information on the internet.
Like 150i ABS

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 09:01:48 PM »
The Owner's Manual is barely worth the paper it's printed on.  English is not the writers first (or or probably third) language.  Even worse, I can find very little technical or mechanical information on the internet.
Welcome to the forum.
Post under the LIKE200i header - riders will read it.
How do you like your new Kymco?

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 09:15:09 PM »
You can purchase an online service manual or a printed version at Cyclepedia at this link...https://www.repairmanual.com/product/kymco-like-125-150-like-ii-scooter-service-manual-printed-by-cyclepedia/
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

scootertherapy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 02:43:12 AM »
Congrats. I noticed that bike was missing too.  This is Stig's site, isn't it? I gave up some HP to get a top box, some stripes and a lower price.  Besides, the 150 I looked at locally had a defect in the seat. It was only cosmetic and I knew Kymco was a good brand, so I bought one from out of state. How you liking it?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 12:44:54 PM »
Congrats. I noticed that bike was missing too.  This is Stig's site, isn't it? I gave up some HP to get a top box, some stripes and a lower price.  Besides, the 150 I looked at locally had a defect in the seat. It was only cosmetic and I knew Kymco was a good brand, so I bought one from out of state. How you liking it?
So, you bought the LIKE200I?
BTW, I'm only a moderator, skadamo is the administrator (since 2007). All I  can do is submit your requests.
If I may - what does a 200i go out the door for, these days. I paid $3200 7yrs ago.
Stig
PS, if you went 200i instead of 150i - you also gave up 2 wheel ABS (arguably the scoot's most important feature )
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 01:05:20 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

scootertherapy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2019, 02:06:09 AM »
So, you bought the LIKE200I?
BTW, I'm only a moderator, skadamo is the administrator (since 2007). All I  can do is submit your requests.
If I may - what does a 200i go out the door for, these days. I paid $3200 7yrs ago.
Stig
PS, if you went 200i instead of 150i - you also gave up 2 wheel ABS (arguably the scoot's most important feature )

I didn't know I gave up abs. I paid 1999 plus money to have it shipped 500 miles. All in, it was 2500..no tax.  For such a fun & nice looking bike, I thought it was a nice price. The guy that delivered it disclosed the wholesale prices of the 200i, as I mentioned in another post. I took that info down as I don't want to drive down our values. 😊
Frankly I don't care much for abs on cars. I'm 60. I can brake just fine on my own.
I should add, it's a 2018. Still new.. but I don't think they even had a 2019.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 02:47:07 AM by scootertherapy »

Ex-KLR

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 07:57:53 PM »
Stig,
In response to your above question, I really like the Like150i.
I can take it anywhere (except the Interstate) that I took my KLR-650.
Just slower and a little bumpy on dirt and gravel.
Like 150i ABS

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()