Author Topic: No reflective wear!  (Read 431 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
No reflective wear!
« on: October 29, 2019, 11:23:56 AM »
Just watched another bicycle rider pedal slowly up through town, here in the dark. Wearing a bicycle helmet - but with zero reflective gear on his back side!
This is a 50mph State route, stepped down (supposedly ) to 25mph through town. But most of the heavy traffic pushes the limit.
It is so easy to apply some of the very reflective 3M tape....to his helmet, shirt, bike or backpack.
It's a puzzle.
Stig
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 11:25:28 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: No reflective wear!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 11:32:02 AM »
Being visible from the rear in the dark is a big thing with me.
Hence the eye-watering LED Admore light bar on my Liberty, and the LED'd Bestem top case on my LIKE200ILX.
Every time I ride my scooter, at least half of each ride is in the dark. Currently I'm setting off fully 2 hours before sunrise.
Stig
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 11:33:59 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 01:25:16 PM »
Being visible from the rear in the dark is a big thing with me.
Hence the eye-watering LED Admore light bar on my Liberty, and the LED'd Bestem top case on my LIKE200ILX.
Every time I ride my scooter, at least half of each ride is in the dark. Currently I'm setting off fully 2 hours before sunrise.
Stig
If you’re riding so much in the dark then it’s a wise move Stig. I tend to do most of my riding during daylight hours these days and prefer to rely on defensive riding. That said, I have been browsing some winter jackets with fluro and reflective panels...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

john grinsel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 03:31:28 PM »
I think reflective wear good idea----I wear yellow Darien Jacket with large reflective strip, day and night, hoping they see me----but was run over at stop sign by rude lady on phone---totaled bike (Reflex), me only hand injury, she never even got off phone when police came!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()