Author Topic: 2018 Like 150i Plastics  (Read 3563 times)

mzflorida

• View Profile
2018 Like 150i Plastics
« on: November 05, 2019, 01:58:56 AM »
Hello everyone.  Brand new to the forum so I hope that I am posting this in the right place.  In any case, my daughter dropped her 2018 150i.  Some of the plastics were damaged and I need to replace them.  I have been trying to locate a parts diagram for 2018 150 i as well as a retailer who sells the plastics.  No luck on either.  Does anyone have a suggestion? 

I guess a little introduction is in order.  My whole family rides motorcycles or scooters. My daughters own 2018 Like 150is (one white and one red).  My wife rides a Honda CTX 700.  I ride a vfr1200X DCT.  I am looking at buying another NC750X.  We also have a Buddy 50 languishing in the garage at the moment.  The wife and I put on about 6k-8K on our bikes a year and are no planning a trip from South Florida to the mountains in Alberta, Canada.  We live in south Florida so we tend to be able to ride year-round, though we do more this time of the year as it is much cooler for us.  Anyhow love everything with a motor and two or three wheels!  I appreciate any advice you might be able to provide.  Ride safe!   

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Like 150i Plastics
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 02:23:13 AM »
Welcome MZ !
There are several dealers who can obtain Kymco parts listed at the top of the General page.
Hopefully they can obtain parts as well for your newer model scooter.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

mzflorida

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 03:13:37 AM »
Wow, that was quick!  Thank you so much!  I see that there are two dealers here in Florida.  I have dealt with one of them before...I'll just say this...I hope the other supplier can fulfill the order!  I don't want to be negative or inflammatory, as it is not in my nature and I do not want to make a bad first impression here on the forum.  Thank you very much again for the quick response!  By the way, my first name is Mike (MZ is fine too!).  I hope that I can return the favor sometime soon.  I have to replace two tires on that scooter that dumped.  I can post pics or a vid if that is something that would be helpful ( and paying back a little for the awesome help).             

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 04:48:56 AM »
Go to KymcoUSA.com, go to the dealer locator, type in your zip and find your nearest dealer. A dealer can look up the pieces you need. They can call or email Kymco USA and check on availability of those pieces. It helps if you have the VIN to the bike that way the dealer can look up your exact bike for proper color and year
Cjs

mzflorida

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 10:58:55 AM »
Thank you Souzamoto!  Good advice.  Just curious, do you know where the parts diagram might be found? 

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 01:24:14 PM »
Photos are always welcomed!!!
Shoot away....and post.
(BTW - young lady is OK after the mishap ?)

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

mzflorida

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2019, 05:26:44 PM »
Thank you, Stig.  She is doing just fine.  Bone bruise and a bad sprain.  On crutches, but getting much better.  Believe it or not, she wears gear, which is unusual for a college student here in Florida.  But....if she would have checked her tire pressure it never would have happened.  That's the dad coming out I know but you get my drift!     

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2019, 09:43:52 PM »
Hey Mike,

I use Leeson's for my Kymco parts and they have the parts diagrams on their website.

https://shop.leesonsarcticcat.com/oempartfinder.htm

Good luck.

Stu
2009 GV 250

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2019, 10:42:05 PM »
Hey Mike,

I use Leeson's for my Kymco parts and they have the parts diagrams on their website.

https://shop.leesonsarcticcat.com/oempartfinder.htm

Good luck.

Stu
Stuo,
I have not seen any web site, dealer site, which displays the parts for the new LIKE150i.....sadly.
I imagine if you call they can order the parts - if not, things are really messed up for owners of these new scoots!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

mzflorida

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2019, 02:23:17 AM »
Than you all!  That website did not have the diagram for the Like150i.  But I do appreciate you taking the time to try to help me out!  I am headed up to Gainesville (Go Gators) on Friday to change the tires.  I think I'll take pics to help the parts folks out.   

By the way, ordered Pirelli angels from Revzilla.  Seem to be a good tire.  Time will tell I guess.  I liked that the manufacture date on the tire was on 07/19.  Seems like a lot of places sell the older stock.  Anyhow, I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.  It is a very stiff carcass tire.  Not looking forward to popping it on.  I hope that it is easier than I think it will be.   

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2019, 06:56:06 PM »
Than you all!  That website did not have the diagram for the Like150i.  But I do appreciate you taking the time to try to help me out!  I am headed up to Gainesville (Go Gators) on Friday to change the tires.  I think I'll take pics to help the parts folks out.   

By the way, ordered Pirelli angels from Revzilla.  Seem to be a good tire.  Time will tell I guess.  I liked that the manufacture date on the tire was on 07/19.  Seems like a lot of places sell the older stock.  Anyhow, I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.  It is a very stiff carcass tire.  Not looking forward to popping it on.  I hope that it is easier than I think it will be.   
Can we get a pic of the damage?...if that's not too nosy.
Here's a LIKE200i which was hit-and-runned (sounds like a baseball play), hit-skipped then.
Fellow lived down the street from me.

Van pulling out of Walmart hit him in the side - sped away.
Rider broke L arm.
Never solved.

Seeing this scooter go by my work every day is the reason I got interested in buying one.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

mzflorida

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2019, 01:18:49 PM »
Can we get a pic of the damage?...if that's not too nosy.
Here's a LIKE200i which was hit-and-runned (sounds like a baseball play), hit-skipped then.
Fellow lived down the street from me.

Van pulling out of Walmart hit him in the side - sped away.
Rider broke L arm.
Never solved.

Seeing this scooter go by my work every day is the reason I got interested in buying one.

Stig

Well, I went up to Gainesville with the new Pirelli Angels in hand, and a bunch of tools too.  I filled up my pancake compressor before leaving.  When I arrived, I saw the rear tire still had tread but just slipped off of the bead.  I also noticed that she had bent both brake handles.  The compressor had enough air volume to pop it back on the bead.  The damage was to the front fender (toast) the silver muffler guard and the right rear cowl which was split but barely scratched.   Solano, one of the vendors listed in the previous post and where I purchased the bikes for the girls, is there in town.  Since it needed more than the tires that day, I decided to just take it in and have them do the work. 

I was not a fan of Solano for after-sale service.  However, something has changed for the better.  It seems that they now have kind of a concierge model there.  The mechanic walks you through everything.  Very good experience, other than the Kymco site caused some delays not the fault of Solano.  I was pleasantly surprised.  40 bucks for the front fender, 100 bucks for the rear cowl.  I thought both prices were reasonable.  I was very happy with the service there this time.  I was actually regretting going in there, to be honest.  Tires installed, fluids changed, both brake handles replaced and installed, plastics purchased and installed, 300 bucks.  I don't think that is bad at all.  I know, tires, brake handles, service, and plastics are all easy DIYs.  But, the bike is 250 miles away, it's done and it is guaranteed.  Worth every penny for me.  I was able to spend the rest of my day with my daughter which is priceless. 

I did not take pics but my daughter did.  I'll get them and post them.   

I want to sincerely thank all of you for taking the time to help us out.  It is very much appreciated!  I do hope to be able to return the favor. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 01:22:03 PM by mzflorida »

mzflorida

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2021, 11:37:33 AM »
Sorry for updating an old post.   My daughter has graduated and the scooter is back home.  I am thinking about buying it from her but need a couple of parts, touch up paint etc.   I found the site referenced in the link below that seems to be a good resource for diagrams and lists.   Hope it helps. 

Mike

http://kyps.kymco.com/kyglobal/F001D.do?trackReset=true&endusermode=true&uname=KYMCOUSA_EndUser
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 11:39:33 AM by mzflorida »

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2021, 12:03:31 PM »
Sorry for updating an old post.   My daughter has graduated and the scooter is back home.  I am thinking about buying it from her but need a couple of parts, touch up paint etc.   I found the site referenced in the link below that seems to be a good resource for diagrams and lists.   Hope it helps. 

Mike

http://kyps.kymco.com/kyglobal/F001D.do?trackReset=true&endusermode=true&uname=KYMCOUSA_EndUser
We like follow ups to let us know . Glad you're daughter graduated and it sounds like you have a new  project .  Just curious does your daughter now check her tires or at least look to see if their low? Learned from the college of hard knocks.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

mzflorida

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2021, 04:29:59 PM »
Despite getting her an electric pump, reminding her incessantly, and doing it for her when I was up that way...no; she did not routinely check her pressure which is why she wound up like this.  She actually wound up having to have surgery to repair her ACL because of this.  Lesson learned! 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()