Author Topic: Engine Details?  (Read 12308 times)

art

• View Profile
Re: Engine Details?
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 05:13:46 PM »
 Ha! that was the stud to stud measurment for your head bolts on the s200 case.
 I'm looking for a bolt in option for the internal gearing on the s200 tranny,getting nowhere with the veriater,well i got a little bit.
 I did get an indicated 80+ on it one day,down hill with a tail wind  :D
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 05:22:35 PM »
  I hear ya my thoughts are they geared this a little low from the factory(useing the same set as the 125 and 150). After a couple rounds of "fine tuneing  ;)" I was getting the front tire off the ground from a standing start,which was not where i wanted The little gain I got out if it. Running a set of 16g dr slider helped but seemed to top to early. You will be no doubt flipping this thing over with the stock gearing  ;D
  Can't beat that price $140. I will be interested in any info you learn out of this build.(Available pistons, crank, and most of all tranny) It's hard to get any straight answers anywhere right now. Good luck!   Art

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 03:52:40 AM »
All this work, why not get a piston made to suit?
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 03:52:51 AM »
Might not you have been better off to use a SYM HD 200 engine instead? Larger bore, ceramic cylinder 4 valves and water cooled? I would think you could squeeze even more out of it for less outlay.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 04:29:20 AM »
  Ha! damn valves and cams. I'd love to just stuff a cr250r in here and be done with it ;D And might know what the hell i was dealing with.
  I'll be waiting for your final tranny thoughts  ;) These cvt's and 4t's are a whole new world to me  :P

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2010, 03:34:21 AM »
SYM 200 is a GY6B engine technically its a 170cc )look it up). The SYM200 your talking about makes 12.1HP from the 7-9HP standard GY6.
This engine I am building is alcohol, and the downside of alcohol is getting heat into the engine, so a water cooled engine is useless extra weight that would only cause problems getting the engine up to temp.
The SYM200 HD200 was a choice but the rep from Kymco pissed me off and I would up getting a GY6B complete engine for less then what I would have paid for Kymco HD cases.

Yes, it is 171cc and it makes 15.6 HP, NOT 7 or 9 or 12.  The S 200 supposedly makes 12. That's why I thought it might have been of interest - it is halfway to where you are going stock.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2010, 03:56:22 AM »
  Ha! I got alot to learn,most of my younger days was spent on off road 2t's. Do to injuries I'm lucky I can walk :D  as soon as i could i had to have something with two wheels and got my first scooter.  It took about 2 minutes before the need for speed set in  :o
   Had no problem with the 2t but the 4t is new to me and just starting to grasp the whole cvt. Sprockets and gears were so much easyer. But i'm really likeing the twist and go aspect with my limmited mobility and of coarse it has to go faster!!!
  I don't mind spending the cash if I could confirm they will fit. As soon as i get the p150 road worthy i'll be cracking the s200 open to see how it works and some set of gears are going in one way or another  :D  

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2010, 02:33:59 AM »
e

Thanks for your input. 15.6HP on a GY6 based engine is not my goal here. I am building a race engine.
Your info is valuable if you can verify that the SYM HD200 engine internal engine parts are compatible to the GY6 engine. Can you verify this?
A 15.6HP engine that cant be built is worthless to me but I am sure you know this if you have been following this thread.

The SYM is "GY6 based" but since it is a 4 valve engine with a ceramic one piece head, I am pretty darn sure that NOTHING is compatible with a China GY6

Likewise, the KYMCO is a REAL GY6, and in general the parts do not work from the China clone engines.

My only point about the SYM engine was that it is so much more powerful than a GY6 or KYMCO S200 engine right out of the box it might have been easier to build it up to that 30 HP

And now I think you should get the chip off your shoulder.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2010, 03:45:19 AM »
...reckon imma stay outta all this...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2010, 03:59:13 AM »
...reckon imma stay outta all this...

I am done myself. I really don't need attitude when people were trying to be helpful.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2010, 07:46:55 PM »
  ::)  I'm not in the race. Those days are over for me. Just digging for info,like yourself. Fact is this bike under performs in it's stock form and wouldn't think you would have to r&d a simple upgear. But the info seems to be guarded or not available.
  If I figure it out I'll post if I fail I'll post. Thats what were trying to do here.

lankeeyankee

• I have an attitude problem with stupidity
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, 12:00:22 AM »
  ::)  I'm not in the race. Those days are over for me. Just digging for info,like yourself. Fact is this bike under performs in it's stock form and wouldn't think you would have to r&d a simple upgear. But the info seems to be guarded or not available.
  If I figure it out I'll post if I fail I'll post. Thats what were trying to do here.

Art
Most scooter riders are not gear heads or racers so performance upgrades are limited to those that are challenged by a socket set and basic mechanics.
Getting deeper with gear changes are usually done when a big bore is installed. The factory selects the best gearing for all around driving.
Gearing up taller and not making more HP is a waste unless you weigh 60lbs, ride down hills, or drafting a semi trailer. You may actually loose top end by putting a taller gear and not modifying the engine.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2010, 01:25:23 AM »
performance upgrades are limited to those that are challenged by a socket set and basic mechanics.
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

art

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2010, 08:19:34 AM »
  I here ya but that was my point,from what Ive been Been able to find.(not confirmed) The s200 shares the same gear set as the P125 and p150. With some minor mods I think it will work fine with a taller gear.
  From what I can find this would be = to a kitted 150 from the factory,but wasn't done well and is no longer being produced. I could be wrong but think there's more performance I can get out of this bike With just a few changes. If it don't work,my loss.
  Getting reliable info Is the problem as you have seen.

lankeeyankee

• I have an attitude problem with stupidity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2010, 10:47:04 PM »
Quote from: wordslinger link=topic=2900.msg31612#msg[b
31612 date=1286241923]
performance upgrades are limited to those that are challenged by a socket set and basic mechanics.

As stated in the previous post  "Art you will be with the others "lagging behind" "Copycats" [/size][/size][/b]2nd place winner which means 2nd place is your a first place loser"

What was the point of that post? Showing off your talents and knowledge of font and bold usage? ::)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()