Author Topic: Rain report on Pinlock & Oxford Jacket  (Read 842 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Rain report on Pinlock & Oxford Jacket
« on: November 27, 2019, 01:30:16 PM »
53°F (!) so had to ride.....
Steady rain for 34 miles.
Pinlock worked great to keep down the inside fogging of my visor - when I remembered to close the visor! (too many years riding with it open) Very slight added glare from street lights and headlights in the dark & rain.

And the Oxford "RainSeal" in hi viz yellow jacket did its job. Very good front seal - with zipper and (strong!) overlapping Velcro seam! I love the large, wide Velcro closing neck tab. Base of neck/upper chest, is the weak point for my winter gear. Scarves, turtlenecks, balaclava, etc. all let some cold in at the bottom of my neck. But this Oxford's high neck Velcro tab closing shuts out the air 100%! Very nice.

Need to add more waterproofing spray to my gauntlets - to keep moisture away from the Gerbing heated glove liners.
Froggtogg rain pants are getting a little ratty after 7 years. ( I wear them all winter for added warmth)

What a difference 24 hrs makes....clear blue skies yesterday at sunrise.....

Stig
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 04:00:41 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: Rain report on Pinlock & Oxford Jacket
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 05:13:05 PM »
Good to hear the report on the RainSeal Stig, it’s on my short list for a Spring buy. I fear my winter riding will be dry day outings only!  The amount of road grit/salt they spread on our roads plays havoc with the alloys used on even scooters. The Triumph won’t be out until the Spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Rain report on Pinlock & Oxford Jacket
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 05:40:13 PM »
Good to hear the report on the RainSeal Stig, it’s on my short list for a Spring buy. I fear my winter riding will be dry day outings only!  The amount of road grit/salt they spread on our roads plays havoc with the alloys used on even scooters. The Triumph won’t be out until the Spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, I need to see a rain after the salting, before I'll ride again. Or several days of dry, then I'll rinse the scoot when I bring it in.
Has worked well for 7 years - many of the LIKE's parts have a pretty good finish on them apparently.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()