Author Topic: Windshields  (Read 1405 times)

OldCoot

• View Profile
    • Steve Wike
Re: Windshields
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 11:09:23 AM »
Magic Eraser.  Don't think it will scratch, but try a small area near the bottom to be sure.

My FIL taught me a trick a few decades ago. Saturate a bath towel with water and lay it over the windshield. Leave it alone for 15-20 minutes and it will do all the work for you. Almost no elbow grease needed, and no scratches. Still do it occasionally.
OldCoot, aka Brick Head
Greer, SC

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2019, 11:12:12 AM »
My FIL taught me a trick a few decades ago. Saturate a bath towel with water and lay it over the windshield. Leave it alone for 15-20 minutes and it will do all the work for you. Almost no elbow grease needed, and no scratches. Still do it occasionally.
Sound like a cheap and effective approach OC and one I have used myself in the past.  I guess my issue is impatience, so I'm going to have to learn to swaddle the screen then wash the rest of the scooter before I return to the screen as the last job?!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Ex-KLR

• Cumberland County Tennesee
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2019, 09:47:35 PM »
I bought an $80 "universal" windshield from Amazon that twerks great.
Like 150i ABS

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()