Author Topic: UXV 700i starter issues  (Read 3919 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: UXV 700i starter issues
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2019, 05:06:46 PM »
holly crap ordering parts for this machine is a joke.  Closest dealer, 3 hours away, said they parts are in-stock, but they have to deliver to the dealer, and then the dealer ships to me.....no drop shipping allowed.  2-3 weeks to get parts that "are in-stock"?!?!?  I've be looking online and can't find any parts provider.  I found an old thread on this forum, but that dealer is out of business.

Does anyone know where I can get parts, gaskets, one way clutch/bearing, without going through a dealer? 

Also, I ordered a service manual through cyclepedia.com and tried to order parts through them at this site. 
kyps.kymco.com/kyglobal/G314D.do?trackReset=true&mode=index

After getting my parts order done, the site asks for a vin number.  This site won't accept the vin number I pulled off the frame per owners manual.  This number matches the vin on the title, but this parts site doesn't like it. 

Anyone know another location for a vin number on a 2014 UXV 700i? 
Please check with dealers listed here:
"General Discussion" - sticky at top of this page, "Buy Kymco parts in USA here..."
Are parts avail. for your machine on their web sites?

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2019, 03:16:53 AM »

There is a guy on ebay that can get stuff shipped from Taiwan but it's not cheap. Androidextend is his user name.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2019, 12:03:02 PM »
Metal tag, machine left, way down low on centerstand attach point is the customary location; owner's manual shows location; owner' manual free download for nearly everything Kymco makes is online.

Yes, this parts situation can suck a great deal...
So sorry! I got mixed about what machine! Hey! I'm old and do stupid occasionally. Who are you again?
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

RET

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2019, 04:44:08 PM »
If you're reading this and you're thinking about purchasing a Kymco machine, and you live in the rural west, be prepared for long drives or long delays in getting parts.....crazy by today's standards.  The only option for parts is through a dealer and they come can come and go.  We had one in Billings but he doesn't carry Kymco any more so now its 3-4 hour drive for parts.  Also, some dealers will drop ship and others won't....

Some other things I've learned and would like to pass along to other Newbies to the Kymco world:

The excellent cyclepedia.com service manual has a link when you're listing parts.  That link takes you to kymcousa site and then directs you to a dealer.  This parts link will have a different list of dealers then if you are on the "find a dealer" link with kymcousa.com  Also, if you're making a list of parts using this online parts ordering function of the manual, which is pretty handy, one step will be entering your VIN number.  THIS IS CASE SENSITIVE, MUST USE UPPER CASE LETTERS OR IT WON'T WORK!!  Took me awhile to figure that one out.

If anyone knows differently, please share...anything that would help with this parts availability would be greatly appreciated!

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2019, 04:54:28 PM »
Good job! Never knew that parts thingy with cyclepedia. And a different dealer list! 'Course, the only Kymco-specific thing EVER ordered was a CVT belt and I would not have needed that if the mice had not packed the case with birdseed causing belt overheat on an 800 mile trip!
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

RET

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2019, 07:39:46 PM »
Catching up on replies here....

Stig - thanks for putting that list together for everyone.  No luck with those links, most don't deal with the 700i engine, but when I land a good source i'll be sure to share so you can keep that list going!! 

Crossbolt, no worries I'm old too but I did stupid crap when I was young as well, but now I do old stupid crap.  That number on the frame is the one used by cyclepedia manual, but again its case sensitive, gotta use caps for letters.

I got a guy in Sheridan looking for the parts, daughter and new grandson live there so maybe we'll do a road trip when the parts come in.

Thanks one and all I'll keep you posted on a parts dealer when I find one.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2019, 08:35:49 PM »
By the way, you may have missed my Pulitzer winner on batteries for the UXV500i that graces our stable. So I will give you the short version here! Ahem! Got sick and tired of having to charge the small motorcycle battery Kymco put in the 500i so got a lawn& garden battery at Wallyworld for 30 bucks. It boasted 330 cca. Stuck it in the under hood storage and ran cables to the original cables. Starting problems are a dim memory!
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2019, 03:23:01 AM »
Also, if you're making a list of parts using this online parts ordering function of the manual, which is pretty handy, one step will be entering your VIN number.  THIS IS CASE SENSITIVE, MUST USE UPPER CASE LETTERS OR IT WON'T WORK!!  Took me awhile to figure that one out.

Funny I never would have thought to put in lower case letters as no VIN I know of uses lower case.  :o
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

RET

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2019, 03:29:31 AM »
Brilliant Crossbolt...under the hood in that 700 I'll bet I can get a small car battery... ;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()