Author Topic: can honda sh parts fit into kymco people?  (Read 2622 times)

elmrdi

• View Profile
can honda sh parts fit into kymco people?
« on: December 11, 2019, 08:17:25 PM »
hello all,

i want to buy the kymco people gti 300 as my second scooter for a long term use (at least 2 years); its a 2014 model with 30K kilometers, however the scooter is not popular in my country and im afraid i wont be able to find spareparts when its down!
on the other hand the honda sh is all over the place, so my question is : does the honda sh scooter parts/components fit into kymco people gti 300?

i love the scooter and its the only "unattractive" / "LOW PROFILE" vehicule with a 300cc engine and 30 horse power, which fits my needs unlike the honda sh which come with a 50% chance to get rubbed on every stop/red light you do.

thanks in advance.

Yellow Jacket

• View Profile
Re: can honda sh parts fit into kymco people?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 09:16:10 PM »
Very unlikely any parts are interchangeable. Except for some of the Chinese scooters, Kymco is the largest scooter manufacture in the world. Don't know about your country but in the US I can order just about anything on line.
Scooter owned in the past, Honda Aero 125, '87 Elite 150 (2), '87 & '90 250 Elite, Yamaha 200, (2), 400 Majesty, Aprilia  Atlantic 500, Piaggio BV250,SYM HD200,  Kymco Yager GT200
Current ride, Kymco GTi 300

elmrdi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 09:23:21 PM »
Very unlikely any parts are interchangeable. Except for some of the Chinese scooters, Kymco is the largest scooter manufacture in the world. Don't know about your country but in the US I can order just about anything on line.

thank you for your replay, im from morocco and i can order from the US using package forwarding services, but i hope i wont be needing to do so.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 11:01:07 PM »
Unless you crash, you probably won't need that many Kymco repair parts!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Yellow Jacket

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 11:26:03 PM »
Exactly what Crossbolt said. I'm a bit over 15K miles on mine and other that routine maintenance items, I've not needed a thing. 
Scooter owned in the past, Honda Aero 125, '87 Elite 150 (2), '87 & '90 250 Elite, Yamaha 200, (2), 400 Majesty, Aprilia  Atlantic 500, Piaggio BV250,SYM HD200,  Kymco Yager GT200
Current ride, Kymco GTi 300

elmrdi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 12:07:51 AM »
Unless you crash, you probably won't need that many Kymco repair parts!

oh man i'm very happy to hear that, thanks a lot.

elmrdi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2019, 12:09:00 AM »
Exactly what Crossbolt said. I'm a bit over 15K miles on mine and other that routine maintenance items, I've not needed a thing. 

thank you so much, this is reassuring.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2019, 12:58:11 AM »
Curious - if the Honda SH is so plentiful - why are they so often stolen in your country?...
Or do you mean the SH rider is robbed of his money at stop lights? (which sounds like certain areas of Cleveland)
In this Holiday Season...you are forgiven for calling one of our most popular Kymco models ugly😊!
Good luck - and safe riding!
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2019, 09:36:23 AM »
With you on that Stig, I don't think the People is unattractive, it's not a bad looking homage to the Vespa / Lambretta marques.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

elmrdi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2019, 10:56:34 AM »
Curious - if the Honda SH is so plentiful - why are they so often stolen in your country?...
Or do you mean the SH rider is robbed of his money at stop lights? (which sounds like certain areas of Cleveland)
In this Holiday Season...you are forgiven for calling one of our most popular Kymco models ugly😊!
Good luck - and safe riding!
Stig

LOL thanks for your forgivness, by saying unattractive i mean to cops and other people.

i will cover you curiosity mate:

the Honda sh is so popular in European countries, which are close to morocco and its in demand in here.
so in Europe they get stolen a LOT! and they get transferred to morocco by parts, they even cut the chassis and all parts and re weld them in here! even non stolen ones get this to avoid paying the HIGH DUTIES prices set by morocco.

example videos of honda sh getting stolen in italy:

which causes the Honda sh to fall aparts so many times while you driving it,
we call it in morocco : "camel sit" when they broke they look like a camel when they sit down.

example pictures :

and because of this smuggling and this story they get sold for a cheap : 2000$ for example for a honda sh 150i 2015 model if they come with a B-40 backlate (tangier back plate, the only city that allow motorcyle to get registration and a new back plate without the original paper).

and they get used by thieves a lot example video :
the honda sh is the new aprilia leonardo for thieves in here, its unstoppable.

because of this "high demand" & "low price" once you own a honda sh then ALL EYES ON YOU.
a video of 2 thieves trying to rob it from the owner by force :
there are a LOT of cases but on private facebook groups.

because of all of this, you will get stopped by police for paper and chassis check a lot of times.. and you will get stopped by thieves too! using machette or by force they are even using cars to get you from it!

a picture of two of my friends living nearby who died on the sh, we are not sure why they got hit by a car but highly because of that :

do you get the full picture now? without third parties and over priced duties and for 2500$ that i have i should get my legal honda sh or even a yamaha fz6!

« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 11:02:32 AM by elmrdi »

elmrdi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2019, 11:00:31 AM »
With you on that Stig, I don't think the People is unattractive, it's not a bad looking homage to the Vespa / Lambretta marques.

please see my answer above, its unattractive/low profile for the surroundings

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2019, 10:44:58 AM »
Wow what a situation to have to put up with Elmrdi
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()