Author Topic: Merry Christmas & the flu  (Read 463 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas & the flu
« on: December 25, 2019, 10:52:52 PM »
Truly, I  hope all you good folks, and even the grumpy ones, are having a good day.

Me?
I've got a ripping good case of the flu😊..... and going to be hauling most of this big, uncooked, or uneaten Xmas dinner to a shelter tomorrow.
It was to have been a dinner for 12....
hey, at least I have a home to be sick in!

Stig
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 11:11:36 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

fishcutter44

• Rhode Island
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas & the flu
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 01:16:47 AM »
That sucks. Hoping it's a very short term thing.
Wishing you a speedy recovery and hoping you and yours have a healthy and happy 2020.
Kurt
2016 Kymco Like 200i
2005 Bajaj Chetak
2017 Honda Metro
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Special
1965 Fuji Rabbit Touring

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 12:22:49 PM »
Really so sorry to hear that, Stig. May it be a quickie. Yes, you could suffer under a bridge.....
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

leomagnus

• Providence, RI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 08:09:08 PM »
Sorry to hear that...take a few shots Jameson and Nyquil...Irish remedy ;p
Dean
Rome, Italy
'97 Honda SH50
'98 Aprilia SR50
'01 Gilera Runner 180
'05 Honda SH150
I have minor knowledge on basic maintenance based of many conversations with scooter mechanics in Rome, Italy.

Warwick, RI, USA
'12 Kymco People GTi 300
'18 Kymco Xciting 400i ABS
'22 Kymco AK550 ABS

rdhood

• Dahlonega, GA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2019, 10:18:34 PM »
Stig,  Flu B hit our household. I finally succumbed last Fri, and today is the first day that I feel I am truly on the mend.  It wasn't horrible,  but I lost 8 pounds!

Still, on the bright side, I just checked the weather and there is only one day of rain between now and New Year's, so I am hopeful to get in a few rides yet. 

Good Luck to you.  If Flu B is the culprit, you might get over it in time for New Year;s

Happy New Year!

p.s.  While I didnt have a flu shot, the rest of the members of my family did.  They ALL got the flu, and I got it from them last.  So , this year's flu shot is (once again) worthless.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 10:21:33 PM by rdhood »
2013 Downtown 300i
2013 Piaggio BV350
2014 Vespa GTS 300i
2016 Vespa GTS 300i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 01:21:57 AM »
Stig,  Flu B hit our household. I finally succumbed last Fri, and today is the first day that I feel I am truly on the mend.  It wasn't horrible,  but I lost 8 pounds!

Still, on the bright side, I just checked the weather and there is only one day of rain between now and New Year's, so I am hopeful to get in a few rides yet. 

Good Luck to you.  If Flu B is the culprit, you might get over it in time for New Year;s

Happy New Year!

p.s.  While I didnt have a flu shot, the rest of the members of my family did.  They ALL got the flu, and I got it from them last.  So , this year's flu shot is (once again) worthless.
Hey, thanks for your post.
Yeah, we've all had this year's flu shot.  We get it every year and rarely do any of us get the flu. Maybe 20 yrs for me. 5th day, having peaked on Xmas eve.

Really bummed because I'm missing a couple of very moderate overnight temps. As much as I want to ride - I know my balance and alertness is not up to riding in the dark through the city and out into the country side.
I'll be patient - but when I do get to ride again it'll be 20°F colder at night.
Such a small thing to complain about.....

We will remember this as the Christmas we had grilled cheese sandwiches for Xmas dinner.😊 I had broth.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()